Rear suspension opinions

alaska gasser

Well Known Member
A friend of ours with a '55 Chev swapped sides with his rear springs to create more room for bigger tires. My wife's '55 hardtop is missing one rear spring pack, but I can grab the matching set off the parts car. I have done a bunch of suspensions ( to include front clips, M2, etc.) over the years, but not a 4 link set up. Recommendations? Part of the reason I'm debating is l may have the parts car sold and am trying to get everything I might need off it.

Last edited:

alaska gasser

Well Known Member
It will be a driver, but she wants over 400 horses with a 4 speed. (Clutch pedal is still in it.) She has even commented she either wants a blower or at least a tunnel ram. (She is a hot rodder through and through!)

It's in really poor condition, but belonged to her best friends husband who passed away awhile back. I have to replace the floors and every piece of sheet metal to include the roof and filler piece between the back window and trunk lid.

alaska gasser

Well Known Member
Thanks for the info. Last Saturday we went to small swap meet a couple hours away to get away from the store for a day and cuz you never know what you'll find that you "need". Well....... Jackie ended up driving a '55 two door hardtop home that had a healthy small block and 4 speed. She got an incredible deal on it and I couldn't have built the one we have for even 1/2 of what she paid. That doesn't even touch the number of hours it would have taken to replace just the sheet metal, let alone build the rest of the car.