rear up-date

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well,,removed the rear arms today and will box them and add the poly graphite bushings ,,then remove the ladder bars. I have decided ,at this time, not to install the coil-overs.
I`m hoping that I won`t have any traction problems with using slicks and can save the coil-overs for my Rambler.
I`ll let you know how it turns out,,,,dq

Mark I

dq,

My experience with drag racing the x-frame has left me with this info: you probably can leave 90% of the factory design in place. The weakest point is the plate where the upper arm bolts. Those tear out with regularity with some hp and a manual trans, as many here have probably experienced. A reinforced, or custom designed part can fix that. An auto trans can skip this, and you can likely run into the 11s before you need to decide on something drag-race only for the rear.

Mark

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
U joints

dq, Are you running with the stock 1310 series U joint? I want to see how your rear suspension holds up to the power you will be laying on it. I want to see if you get wheel hop. I think I will be trying the air bags. Are their any that you would recommend?:cheers

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don`t know if any are better then others as I haven`t used any yet. I`ll ask the guys that run them though. i know Hotckis has them in the Summit catalog for $106.95 pt# HSS-31750 and they have a great reputation. Also the price is about the cheapest around,,,,dq