Recommendations for 1959 Impala Dash

airsurf

Well Known Member
Working on my 59 Impala that I've had since 1980. Finally got around to getting the floorpans replaced and now am waiting on an interior to show up as well as a new exhaust. The only thing left will be the dash. It originally had a padded dash but it was trashed. As a kid I took it out and put some gray velvet in. Thought about having it painted but the shop it's at seems hesitant and isn't sure about taking out the windshield. So I went searching for a new padded dash and haven't had any luck. Tried Just Dashes and they said they might make them again in the future but not now. Autoobsession.com says they have them but I talked with another place with a similar site and I think they try to source them out and eventually they'd tell me it wasn't available. One that looks promising is Al Knoch Interiors who site says they have them and it looks like they make all their stuff in house. Anyone had any luck with a grey dashpad recently? Or is taking out the windshield no big deal and just have it painted. Thanks.

Geary Trussell

Well Known Member
I have a decent OE one hanging in my garage that I think could be easily repaired . I was going to use it on my 59 but had the dash wrapped in leather.
If you are interested send me a pm and I will send you a photo.