Please Read Registrations and current members DO NOT USE GMAIL

bobs409

Administrator
We have been getting a lot of people not getting the activation letter when they sign up. This is a GOOGLE problem as it's restricting the emails thinking we are spamming. For now, I don't see how to fix it.

Either sign up with an email OTHER than gmail or if you do use gmail, you will need to contact me with your email so I can manually accept your registration.

If I can't find a way to fix this, I may have to block gmail for new registrations so I don't have to keep going thru this BS.

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Your auto messages have landed in my spam folder randomly. I do not use google/gmail.
This only happens to me with other sites that are not HTTPS. Don't know if that is possible or not. Google could potentially inspect the hosting web address credentials. I have no idea other that this random though.

bobs409

Administrator
Also note that if your forum account is currently using a google email address and you edit anything, you will not be able to verify the changes and will not be able to get back in! (thank google for this) You would need to contact me to make the verification for you but what a PITA.

I'd recommend not using gmail for your forum account. If you do use them, you have been warned. You will not receive forum notifications.

Hey google: :finger

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I wish you could make my Windows live mail work. I have never liked gmail.
Glad is't fixed, thou I never had any issues.
Keep up the good work Bob!
Jeff

409Kid

Well Known Member
I don’t use gmail. And I’m tech savvy. I usually received notifications in my inbox for forum threads I am watching but occasionally I’m receiving them in my spam
Folder.

bobs409

Administrator
I don’t use gmail. And I’m tech savvy. I usually received notifications in my inbox for forum threads I am watching but occasionally I’m receiving them in my spam
Folder.
It's very common for email programs to think forum emails are spam. I use Proton and even I get a few forum emails in the spam folder. :bonk

409Kid

Well Known Member
Bob. I don’t what to deter from this thread but I have a question. Is there a way to set up that when I open a thread it automatically goes to the last post without having to scroll down to the bottom of the first page and hit the fast forward button?

bobs409

Administrator
Bob. I don’t what to deter from this thread but I have a question. Is there a way to set up that when I open a thread it automatically goes to the last post without having to scroll down to the bottom of the first page and hit the fast forward button?
I don't know of anything for that. I guess it's going to where you last visited or page 1 of a thread.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Click on minutes of last posting on that thread ,that will go to last posting. Or like today yesterday or the date.

409Kid

Well Known Member
Blkblk63ss. Aaaah! Thank you very much. The day that I don’t learn something new will be the day I assume room temperature.