remote lpower windows

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
GUYS
I am having all kinds of problems with a customers car
the power windows will only work with the ing. switch being on
the remotes will not work at all, all it does is click at the controller
customer claims they were working with the remotes, until he blew a fuse
I haven't changed anything on the wiring, what is listed below is how it is wired now.

still cant get the window's to work right
below is a diagram of the wiring like it is wired right now
seems like you would need a constant hot wire going to the relays for the remotes to work??
maybe you can look at this and see what is wrong? I am about to pull out my hair

WINDOW SWITCH - looking from the back going left to right
red--goes to #87a on relay #1
white is ground
orange is hot with ignition on
black is ground
brown goes to #87a on relay#2

Relay #1 Relay #2
#87A goes to red wire (pin # 1 on window switch ) #87A goes to brown wire (pin #5 on window switch)
#30 goes to motor #30 goes to motor
#85 goes to controller (blue with black tracer) #85 goes to controller (green with black tracer)
#87 goes to #87 on the other relay #87 goes to #87 on relay #1
and has power with ing. on
#86 goes to #86 on the other relay #86 goes to #86 on relay #1
and has power with ing. on

CONTROLLER
red wire has 12 volts all the time
black wire is ground
green with black tracer goes to #85 relay #2
purple wire is ground
blue with black tracer wire goes to #85 on relay #1
purple wire is ground
can you tell me what I'm overlooking?

Roger Gunter

jwhotrod

Supporting Member 1
sounds like you have 2 single pole single throw relays. 85 and 86 are the solenoid wires that control the relay one needs to be power and one needs to be ground.
The 2 relays can have both 85's jumpered and 86's jumpered because these relays need to both actuate at the same time.
30 is your load wire going out to your window, one relay at rest is ground 87a is normally closed and one relay at rest is power also 87a. the other relay is wired the same way with power. Now jumper 87a on one relay to 87 on the other one, do the same in opposite with the other relay. This switches power and ground to the window motor thru the relays because when the relays energize 87 on both relays changes fromopen to closed and the polarity reverses with it.
I don't know how your controller works but I would say your green/black is one window and blue/black is a second window with its own set of relays. I hope this is bot too confusing and it helps.
Big Jim

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Jim
thanks for your help
I had already decided that tomorrow I will cut all his crap loose and start over, wiring it the way I know its suppose to work
still cant figure out how he got them to work in the first place ( if he really did )
some people just want you to fix their screw ups and not admit they screwed it up to start with
ok
tomorrow is another day at the crazy factory
have a good weekend and thanks again
roger