Removing 1962 Impala am radio

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
What exactly are you having a problem with?? I took the radio out of my '62 about 2 years ago and don't recall any issues or difficulty. I removed my glovebox and went from there. I think there is a bracket on either the side or rear that supports it. Nuts are on the control knobs. Maybe an assembly manual would help, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I admittedly am the least knowledgeable one on this forum, but what might a heatsink be?? Never heard of it, Carmine.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Thought for a moment he had a heated sink under the dash!!!:doh:crazy:mock

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
My turn......the heatsink stores warm air in Aug. and Sept. and then releases it in Jan. and Feb. to help keep the car warm.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...... this just shows we appreciate you being a new member!!!!!!! Stick with us.... it will get better!!!!!

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You guys are much too funny :laughing:laughing:laughing. I still never heard of this. Not saying it doesn't exist, but is a pic possible?? I'm assuming the radio is still in the dash, so this might not be possible, Carmine.

I just googled heat sink and it showed a few pics. It's that finned thing on the back of a radio. Says it transfers energy. I've seen that before on radios and never new what it was. Still don't know why it would be a problem for removal.

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I believe that is a 61 radio. 62's had Chevy stamped on the front of the push buttons.
Tommy......where are you??????

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
ok guys I am in for the evening but I have on my list tomorrow am to take photos of the 61-62 Radios. No "heatstink" photos though
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
ok been down to the garage for the photos. I have 2 61 cars and one 62 car and took photos of each. Sorry about photo quality as had to take them with my cell phone as my wife has the good digital camera with her!
I have had the radio out of the convertible 61 to verify the date of build but never took pictures of the "heatstink"
Robert

2QlI%oI3Rv+89nMunlr9ZA.jpg1fLO5uZrTQOZvvA+FNap7w.jpg36b66qz6TKySiYqbkoXEsw.jpg