Reparations

Junky

Well Known Member
How about reparations for all the Japanese that were locked up in concentration camps at the outset of the 2nd World War? How about reparations for the descendents of all the Northern prisoners of the Civil War that were held in the Southern prisoner of war Camp Sumter, in Andersonville, Georgia. How about reparations for all the United States soldiers that were held in prisoner of war camps in Europe during the second world war, or the Korean War, or the VietNam War, and ever other skirmish that we have ever been involved with since the founding of the Nation?

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
How about reparations for all the Japanese that were locked up in concentration camps at the outset of the 2nd World War? How about reparations for the descendents of all the Northern prisoners of the Civil War that were held in the Southern prisoner of war Camp Sumter, in Andersonville, Georgia. How about reparations for all the United States soldiers that were held in prisoner of war camps in Europe during the second world war, or the Korean War, or the VietNam War, and ever other skirmish that we have ever been involved with since the founding of the Nation?

I believe it was 1988, the Japanese were paid a one time payment of $20K each for each person interned during WWII. Hopefully those payments went only to the person who was interned.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
I worked with about a half dozen Japanese men when I was in my mid 20's,they had all been interned, they didn't have an axe to grind, no hand out demanded, no chip on their shoulder, they were all about high school age when it happened, and they didn't talk much about it. I instantly admired all of them for their drive to succeed in spite of it, after all, it was pure racism from the White House that put them there for political gain due to a general nervousness about Japanese people in the first place.These guys were glad to get out and start life again. Let's see, it happened under fdr's watch, then ended on truman's turn. Gee, weren't they democrats? The party of justice, diversity, anti-bigotry,equal rights and all that stuff they push but don't believe in themselves? It was easy to reparate them, most of them had passed away by 1988, so the giant humane gesture of ultimate diversity didn't cost them the full ticket anyway. The left is the most hate filled, seething,racist group since the kkk. Oh, wait! The klansmen were democrats also.Also, the 1988 era was Reagan and Bush at the throne. Where was the left on that one?

Last edited:

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My brother in law and his brother received the money. I wrote about him before, he and his brother were both highly decorated Green Berets in VN. They were born in 1944 and 1945 so not sure if the camps were still around at that time. Their father and mother were in a camp and lost all the wealth and property they had worked for up to that point. They may have been born in the camp but they are both deceased now so I can't ask them.
They never, ever looted, burned and cried like babies. Instead they were upstanding, law abiding citizens and gave their all in service to their country. The oldest served his Army time and then went to college and became a highly respected High School teacher. My BIL retired from the Army they both died of heart attacks. They were both 5' 2" Green berets that could kick your azz
This is Lance Matsushita, the older of the two: https://myhero.com/japanlancematsushita

This is my BIL Dion, the old civilian in the middle is my father, he was 101AB WW2 and they liked to honor those that served before them.
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/dion-matsushita-obituary?pid=131942341&page=2

It's very interesting that the Japanese Americans were treated so poorly but never bxtched like the pussies today

Last edited:

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
I believe it was 1988, the Japanese were paid a one time payment of $20K each for each person interned during WWII. Hopefully those payments went only to the person who was interned.