Repro 63 Grill

bobs409

Administrator
Has anyone here purchased or seen one of these in person? I looked at one at the Carlisle, Pa. show and was not impressed. The bottom part had a good shine but the center slats were dull and not smooth. Poor polishing job. For $400+ dollars it should look better than that! :takethat

Are they all like this one?

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Has anyone here purchased or seen one of these in person? I looked at one at the Carlisle, Pa. show and was not impressed. The bottom part had a good shine but the center slats were dull and not smooth. Poor polishing job. For $400+ dollars it should look better than that! :takethat

Are they all like this one?

Bob: I bought one from H&H Classic in Bentonville and am pleased with it. The quality is just pretty darn good. The overall finish is good and it fit good..............Ken

bobs409

Administrator
That's good to hear. Maybe that one was just a reject. It was strapped to a display board.

Bob

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Bob:

I had a customer that finally........kept the 3rd one he got left in his car. He said they were lighter weight than originals and were bent either in shipping or trying to install. He was not pleased to say the least!!!I haven't sold any based on his comments.

Now............your car is a different story.......that other customer's car was a 63 with an aluminum front end.....not much. But................for your car..............I happen to have a couple of extra NOS grilles left.:clap:clap:clap You know how to reach me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Kossman did all my stuff. Very nice. Show quality. Jeff

Do you mean you had a grille restored? I have a fairly decent original that I think would restore well. Not sure which way I want to go...
Ross