repro high perf exaust 409-425hp

Kirby J

has any one bought and used any of the reproduction 425hp exaust manifolds? seems its cheaper to by them insted of the originals... :cool:

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
exhaust

I had mine made for me. The stock pipes were 2.5 to the mufflur. 2" from there back " Walker Exhaust Parts book"

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Jester, I think Kirby is talking about exhaust manifolds not exhaust pipe systems.

Me???? I know notingggggg mon,,,,, dq

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Exhaust

dq409 said:
Jester, I think Kirby is talking about exhaust manifolds not exhaust pipe systems.

Me???? I know notingggggg mon,,,,, dq

I think you maybe right, In that case, all things being what they may be,

Nevermind. :? :doh

I know even less. Have a great day...

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Stuff from Ebay?

Kirby:

I recall a set of molds that were on Ebay about half a year ago, is that what you are referring to? The fellow had the mold made years ago because he said he could not find suitable hiperf castings that were OEM. I remember he had a set of cast exhausts and the mold. I bid on them, who knows why, but someone else made the deal. I suspect that person went "into business"?

Let us know the source and maybe someone can comment on the newer castings.

regards,
TomK

Bubbletop Bel-Air

Well Known Member
I know Show Cars up in Minnesota sells a set of the 925 & 926 repo's for about $900.00. Have no information though on quality or durabillity. They have been selling these for quite awhile, so I do not believe the afore mentioned molds were their source. I would interested in hearing a report from anyone who has used these repos. :?

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I seem to remember reading somewhere ( I think it was this site) that Late Great Chevy is or was also selling these repos. Might be another avenue to check out.

Kirby J

Bubbletop Bel-Air said:
I know Show Cars up in Minnesota sells a set of the 925 & 926 repo's for about $900.00. Have no information though on quality or durabillity. They have been selling these for quite awhile, so I do not believe the afore mentioned molds were their source. I would interested in hearing a report from anyone who has used these repos. :?
these are what i was refering to