Restarting my 348 project!!

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
After getting the roller rockers dialed in and the poly locks Where what will be their final set place I wondered if the factory valve covers from a 409 would clear the locks. Put a little clay on top of the last one and mocked up the cover. Not much space left. Cover gaskets are .2 cork.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 291D98AE-F931-4668-9FB8-A10F0B5461CD.jpeg
    291D98AE-F931-4668-9FB8-A10F0B5461CD.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 32

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I’ll get a set ordered in case these ones don’t work. They should though it’s just the end studs. Rockers clear with no issues. I pushed down pretty hard to squish the clay.

Last edited:

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I’ll use these first and if they start to leak I’ll change them. They look pretty rugged

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Does push rods;
9.031 intake
9.327 Exhaust
sound right??

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I’ve read a lot about curves on distributors. I have an electronic HEI on my 327 now and near as I can tell all it had done was a cam to make it lumpy. Will this work in its current state on my stroker 348? I have the adapter sleeve already from show cars.
has anybody used that sleeve and know how it’s supposed to go on? Is there any oiling issues?
I’m asking because I’ll buy a new 348/409 if I have to but if what I have works I’ll use it.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
As a start,with your compression and cam,that aggressive curve may well be close to what you want as it is.If you have a dial back timing light,while the engine is at 2500 for the cam break in,set tour total timing[vac.adavane unhooked]to 34 degrees.As your varying the rpm during the cam break in is a great time to check your timing curve instead of just standing there.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I've heard that it can be a little snug,but it goes in the dist hole in the manifold,the baffle directs the oil and since the holes for the oiling are completely around the base there's no wrong way to install it position wise.Allen will be well versed about how to make it work.

Reactions: Tim

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I’m going to get Alynn to do all the break in. I’ll use the dist I have. What about that sleeve? I can’t find anywhere how it goes on and if there is any oiling issues.
Tim I bought one from Showcars and had it installed in my engine by the shop that built it. I am running a Mag with a tach drive and had to use a SBC/BBC mag as there were none available for a 348/409 with a tach drive. Seems to work OK as my engine has only been run on the dyno so far.