RestoDan's 63 Impala Videos

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Cecil:

I watched a few of those clips, he is my kind of guy also :).

Makes me want to purchase a new video cam (probably a Go Pro) to do the same.

Cheers!
TomK

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Watched them also , last I saw he got lad off or cut back and he was selling car. Good videos gave me some inspriration to work on mine.

W-motorhead

Supporting Member 1
I'm thinking that the chance of starting an engine in a Chevy that's been sitting in Texas field for 30 years is pretty low! I've got to admire this guy for trying.
Dan Fults

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Very intreasting videos.A couple of misconceptions on the 63 327 engine,all small journal [62-67] 327 engines had steel crankshafts,and the plastic coated cam sprockets he referred to didn't show up in production engines till the 70's .

Joe R.

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm 45 years old. I have pretty much grown up in a "disposable" society. If something breaks, buy a new one. Make it faster and cheaper. Well, I appreciate Resto Dan's resourcefulness and frugality. I've wasted so much money over the years, I thought there was a lot that my son and I could learn from how he budgets his project. He bought good used parts as opposed to new. Tried to find the best deals. Etc. I enjoyed his fearless approach. He just rolled up his sleeves and tackled it head on when trying to fix things himself. BUT, the greatest message I got from his "series" on the '63 is to maintain your priorities. It's been a while since I watched it, but I remember feeling like, this guys got his priorities straight. Can't really explain it, just inspiring.

62BillT

Well Known Member
I've also watched some of Resto-Dan's videos through the years and he is a pretty impressive guy.

Bill

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Anybody can throw money at a project.....I appreciate his frugality and resourcefulness cuz I'm cheap too.

:noDon't say it Phil.
You can't get too cheap Cecil, remember you are trying to keep a plane in the sky!!!!!!!!!!!:scared

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
QUOTE="blkblk63ss, post: 267514, member: 3527"]Has he ever finished one .? Painted or what ever?[/QUOTE]
He's got a 57 Chevy in one of his videos that was a finished project(older) he's driving it in another video where it's like street nationals....a lot of cars.....pretty cool

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
He doesn't "restore" his cars, just makes them driveable and then he DRIVES them.