richmond super t 10

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
aubrey, i forgot to ask you if a super t 10 will live behind my boat anchor? i need to figure out where my weakest link is and fix it before i am left on the side of the road. axle upgrade or trans? your opinion would be greatly appreciated ,thanks Brian.

Super T10 !

You bet, MrHP !.... Super T10 is stronger than the Muncie. And, the choice of gear ratios is WAY better.
I'd recommend the 2.64 1st gear model with the "closer" 3rd - 4th spread.
At the moment, without serious tires on the back, you should be fine with just the 2nd upper control arm... and maybe the bearing caps if you can. The axle setup is really only needed for some pretty abusive driving.

Hey.... if these few things I have pending actually happen, it looks like I'll be go'in for a Jerico !:D

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
tranny

Aubrey, does Jerico have a web site? I have looked several times, and never found one. I have wondered about their trannys as to cost, ratios, etc. There is a group from Chicago, a nostalgia S/S assoc. Several of them use the Jerico. It has to be a good tranny, as those big Ponchos come out of the hole with the front end in the air. Some serious HP, traction, and longevity. I mean full size cars running low 10s. Wheels up! Impressive. Has to be a good tranny.

Fred

Fast Ponchos ?

Thanks DQ...
Fred, don't you ever watch the Chevy 's ?;)
With original casting heads, I'd STILL put my money on the 09':p
And even if they DID'NT win, I'd STILL make a point of THEY"RE performance. And DAMN, I bet they wouldn't spin a bearing doing it !;)
:D

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Chevys

Aubrey, watched the 409s also. None were running the times those Ponchos were running. Most of the 09 guys run autos, except one of the Wully-Bully cars. Hard to get an 09 to run that hard. I think Allen with the Blue Screamer just got into the 10s this year. And, Allen has got a lot of work involved in his intake system. I'll bet the Ponchos are 10.0s this year.

Fred

A Big Horse 409 with an Auto ?

Fred, WHY would they have autos ?
Aren't these supposed to be nostalgia cars ?
But more importantly, aren't they supposed to be fun ?

I dunno man... I'm going through some stuff here. Yes, I sold a car ( you'll see that my signature "list" has shortened ) the other day. Freed up some cash to get my car Belair done right.
HHHMMM...
With the proper prep, if my STOCK 409 don't run low 11's @ about 118 at sea level, I'll part it out ! It HAS to.
BTW, I look through National Dragster.... SURE don't see too many Pontiacs in the records / wins. You have to spend CUBIC dollars ( read that "HEADS" ) on those things to make them run hard, and when they do, it's MORE CUBIC dollars to make them stay together !:evil ;)

bluescreamer

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Aubrey
I'm having fun with the car.
At best I'm not repairing a t-10 each week. I'm only playing by
the rules that the Nost groups have setup.
Those Pontica's that Fred was refering to are new 507cc castings.
I guess you could say that would be called cubic dollars to go quick.

By the way how heavy will the Belair be in race trim with driver.

Allen (bluescreamer)

Ps. Be careful of what you say.
I may have to come to the west coast and pick up that block
and heads when you part the car out.;)

The Ponchos Cost EVEN MORE Than I Thought !

Exactly, Allen.... You are playing within a set of rules.
Me too.

and....

My parts ?

Don't worry about head'n west..... won't be no parts here for sale !

:p

weight

Sorry about that... forgot to mention the weight.
I believe it's 3942 pounds with driver.
I've been thinking of dieting to shed 10 or 15 !:p