Ride Height for the Full size Chevy

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
We've hit this topic a few times. I've tried to research what was found to be typical for the "day". However, conclusions are that the "stance" for these full size cars are all pretty varied. Earlier threads discussed the station wagon springs used for the bubbletops, yet some vintage advertisements and drag pictures show some low level views for other 348-409 cars.

I've never been a big fan of the lower rider stuff....or the Donky Kong thing...but is there a factory standard for the 348-409 car...aside from the the Bubbletop?

RCE1962

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The Assembly Manual has a chart showing the ride height and a chart showing the spring useage. It depends on the model and how it's equipped which determines the springs used and the subsequent ride height.

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I don't have access to an assembly manual. If anyone can share such a chart ..springs & regarding usage...that would be great!!!

Ron

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ron,
Just what is it you are asking about? I mean the stock stance or racing stance of the "60's"?

The big name racers had light weight front ends (aluminum). You take 80 lbs or so out of the front end it will ride high.

If your asking about stock ride hight than buy the 61 assembly manual for the 61 thru 64 years. Should set you back about $30 (US funds).

Dave

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
RCE, The assembly manual is well worth the purchase:deal and a must have if you are trying to do a correct restoration.