Ride In A Top Fuel Dragster

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Says it’s 10 grand but he was indefinatly suspended by NHRA. Had a chassis tag but they say it was never inspected. Has to be run at non NHRA tracks. Would be a hoot to do.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
You know Cootsie.......my 20 pounds of pea gravel is dwarfed by your 60 Tandems of 24" rocks!!!!!!!!

Ha, funny you would say that. Here I am/was in the quarry business and today I just ordered 23 more landscaping berm blocks weighing around 2,000# apiece. For crushed stone I charge 10 to 12 bucks a ton. These blocks are $150 per ton. Today I learned I spent my whole life in the wrong business.:dunno:doh:doh:pan

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
At least you got to blow stuff up.
My best friends father owned a construction/paving company,quarry,and hot top plant.I worked for him for years.I can remember we used to stick load shots at the quarry when I was 18.We would work our ass off but what a great time watching the shot.
Concrete is expensive but asphalt is king.
My buddies father used to call it black gold.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Oh ya, that blasting was awesome, other than paying for it......:doh I used to determine the pattern for the blast holes, load the shot. I did it all. A lot of satisfaction if it all went right and a lot of heartaches and work if it didn't. I've been under a truck clear up to the axle for protection from falling rocks when a shot went wrong. Those rocks falling from the sky really make a lot of noise hitting an empty dump box......:hide:hide:hide

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Ha, funny you would say that. Here I am/was in the quarry business and today I just ordered 23 more landscaping berm blocks weighing around 2,000# apiece. For crushed stone I charge 10 to 12 bucks a ton. These blocks are $150 per ton. Today I learned I spent my whole life in the wrong business.:dunno:doh:doh:pan

If you sold blocks instead of crushed rock, would your nickname be “Blocker” or something like that instead of “Crusher”?

Fuzz

MAGA