rim ident.nbrs

I have a 1964 impala ss ,and i'm looking for the p/n that should be stamped on the wheel for that year . and are the chevelle rims the same size or did it very from model to model . I located a set of 1964 rims 14-5 rims for a chevelle.thks:dunno

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
rim indent.nbers

Dayshifter
I'll try to help but I'm no expert on wheels only what I read in books.

In Chevrolet by the numbers book it shows the 64 Chevrolet passenger car and the 64 Chevelle (all types) were the same except for the off-set. Full size Chevrolet was .56 and the Chevelle was 1.00

They both used the same contour which was J type. They both used the same manufacturers. "C" Chevrolet Warren, "KH" Kelsey-Hayes or "NT" Norris Technologies.

The inside letters & numbers codes signifies only to the part or the parts of the rim that were made as to who the manufacture was and that date.

The out-side date code is for the complete rim. That code should be near the valve stem hole or between the spider section between the lug nut holes.

If your not after date codes in Chevrolet Parts Interchange Manual book it shows the following.

Impala plain wheel 1959-69
Part number 3989423 14x5 inches (19/32 inch offset)
Usage: 1959-69 full-size Chevrolet, 1967 Camaro, 1968-72 Nova, 1971-72 Chevelle, except station wagon, 1971-72 GMC Sprint, 1971-72 Pontiac Le-Mans, 1971-72 Pontiac Ventura II

Hope this will help

Dave