RIP DONNIE SHAFER

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Just received news that Donnie past away this morning. Probably from the affects of Alzheimer's. When I hear of his service, I will post then.
Donnie was a true pioneer in the 409 racing world. He had the first full bodied 63 Impala 409 that ran in the 9's with a 4-speed....9.97. His Obsolute Missle was well known.
Rest in Peace Donnie and we'll all see you at the Finish Line.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Prayers go out to Donnie’s friends and family..... I did not know Donnie personally ......but when I hear his name or about his beautiful 63 the obsolete missile ......I always think back to the first convention video, they interviewed Donnie, he had his trailers of all the various builds of the 409’s...... With all the different high-performance parts or aftermarket of the time...... you could hear his passion and his enthusiasm for the W .........rest in peace Donnie

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks Sean!!!! To say Donnie liked to talk is an understatement!!!! You could call Donnie and say "Hi" and "Goodbye " and he would fill in the rest of the 3- hour phone call!!!!!!!
Need to find the Chevy Rumble that showcased all Donnie's engines at the 2004 National Convention.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I spent some time with Donnie's brother Tony this afternoon.
The passing was not necessarily about the Alzheimer's. But not going to discuss it here, it was more heart related.
Will post arrangements when I know them. Guessing Thursday or Friday.
Get your favorite 409 t-shirt washed and wear it the day of Donnie's funeral!!