RIP DONNIE SHAFER

RussC

Well Known Member
Another quote or two..."Boo on those snake boots...they're the work of the devil"

"I'm going to be buried in my original Monaco blue 425 hp 63 Impala"

Donald Otis Shaffer was a close friend of nearly 50 years. We're lucky to have 3 or 4 true friends in our lifetime...I was fortunate to know Donnie

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Man I’m sorry to read that...sad news. The interview he gave for the ‘04 convention video was great!! He bought a 63 Impala brand new!! I think it was an SS, don’t remember what engine/trans...

Never met him, but he loved 63 Chevy’s as much as I do. I posted this before but here it is again in his memory. :salute:salute:saluteStart at 41:00.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Man I’m sorry to read that...sad news. The interview he gave for the ‘04 convention video was great!! He bought a 63 Impala brand new!! I think it was an SS, don’t remember what engine/trans...

Never met him, but he loved 63 Chevy’s as much as I do. I posted this before but here it is again in his memory. :salute:salute:saluteStart at 41:00.

www.ledfordfamilyfh.com
Donnie's will be this Thursday. Info at the website above.

Thank you both for the posts........

Skbetts47

Another quote or two..."Boo on those snake boots...they're the work of the devil"

"I'm going to be buried in my original Monaco blue 425 hp 63 Impala"

Donald Otis Shaffer was a close friend of nearly 50 years. We're lucky to have 3 or 4 true friends in our lifetime...I was fortunate to know Donnie
I remember the day Donnie bought that Monaco Blue '63 425hp 409. Couldn't count the transmissions or rear ends he put in it. Several different engines to boot. A classmate once smeared lipstick in the little stars in the original headliner when she was irked at him for one reason or another. I am from the same hometown, Odessa, MO. His legend will live on in the big "O" for ever and ever. Spent many an hour huddled over the opposite fender of one of his cars in Odessa, MO. His brother Tony is also a dear friend. I helped Tony stuff a 348 into a '55 Bel Air a couple weeks before his 16th birthday out at the street in front of their house. Quite the ride for a new license holder. Donnie was one cool dude and I am sorry to see his passing. May he RIP.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
It is sad to see another 409 pioneer and legend pass.Thoughts and prayers to all his friends and family.
R.I.P. Donnie.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Donnie sounds like one of those people who make everyone around him feel Part of Something Special. I wish i had met him one time. Who has Donnie's blue 63 now?