RIP JIMS409

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Last night we lost another great, great member of this forum....Jim Miller.
I met Jim at Indy Super Chevy in 1985. Both of us had 63 409s. His was a red/red 425HP SS. We met when Jim wandered thru my swap space. Same year I met Denny Ford and Bob Walla.
Jim was a delight to have for a friend...always positive and a new joke!!!! Jim had been cursed his adult life with illness.....but he was the most positive person I have ever met. He always said "I don't complain because I know somebody is worse off than me"!!!!
Jim lived in Doug Marion's hometown so they were friends. Jim joined the 348-409 club July 2003....about the same time I did.
Most of the new members here in the last 5 years would not know Jim, but Jim helped me out with both conventions. In KC, he sat and baby sitted Hayden for me!!!! Sat with Hayden and helping him with the pictures he brought up. Jim would keep Hayden supplied while Hayden was autographing the pictures. Those of you who came to Great Bend, Jim and wife Sharon were in the hospitality tent and sat at the head table with us.
Jim was passionate about his 63 409!!!!!! He was totally eaten up about them like we all are!!! Denny sent me a picture that Doug Marion took at 89 Indy Super Chevy. Jim is on the left. Did we really look that young?????
RIP DEAR FRIEND!!!!!
In second picture, Jim is standing up in red shirt next to Hayden. 3rd picture, Jim on the left and Doug on the right next to Hayden.
IMG954616.jpg20181205_110431.jpg20181205_110413.jpg

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
RIP Jim,
I met Jim and his wife at Great Bend, really sorry for your loss Phil, my sincere condolences to all Jim's family and friends,

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Rest in peace Jim, condolences to family and friends.

Last edited:

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Sad to lose another member of this great "family".............. Condolences to his family.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Our condolences to Jim and his family.

God Bless!!!!

RIP 409er and happy motoring.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
So sad to learn of Jim's passing. I remember him from the KC conventions. Condolences to the family and to Jim, rest in peace.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Sorry to hear this,another wealth of knowledge lost.Thoughts and prayers to the family.
Rest In Peace.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Sorry to hear of Jim’s passing ........Prayers sent for Jim’s family and Jim’s friends ........may God give them all the clarity to see and remember the positive side of things and his remembrance.......

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
RIP Jim, you sure helped with all the questions I’ve asked over the years concerning my 62. As well others here, but he was one of first to answer my questions.
You will be missed greatly. I too meet Jim at the Great Bend tent. If it wasn’t for him & his wife I’d still be walking around that drag strip. As one of the few non-racer (conv) he told me what is happening & where to go next.

Dave