Road vibration

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
That would make sense with the factory style support.
With the H/D one, if like the one I have used, I don't think it would move any.
Yes factory OEM parts. The aftermarket polyurethane support used with a stock driveshaft maybe benefit from tapping ahead 1/8". I believe from an engineering pov when you load the car with passengers and or luggage which would force the driveshaft forward as it travels in an arc, it would relieve or help Center the driveshaft in the rubber or polyurethane support.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Any vibration reving the motor slowly up from idle to say 2500 while stopped?

Any change in vibration with the speed of the car?

Is it a constant vibration in any gear at the same rpm or at the same mph?

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Does the vibration only change with speed of the car or does it change at all with the RPM of the engine? I've seen flex a plate loose a weight once and it made a weird vibration that couldn't be explained. My guess is that center support is the issue or your drive shaft is bent but those issues could have created other issues. Check one at a time like anything else. Always install carrier bearings with the rear axle holding the weight of the car. Check to make sure your drive shaft isn't missing a weight along the entire length. Grab hold of it and see if there is any play and if so where. Rear center section could have bad bearing making your drive shaft play jump rope at 40mph.