Robert Street's award winning Impala.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Robert:

Here's to being in Philly in February :) :) :)

(Never thought I'd be saying that!)

Congrats on your collective achievements. Judging from what Tommy states, he's been there at least once :). (Might that have been the white '61SS car?).

Robert, you need to tell us more about "your newly acquired space". Some of us (in particular, me) will be super jealous!

Cheers!
TomK

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Robert:

Here's to being in Philly in February :) :) :)

(Never thought I'd be saying that!)

Congrats on your collective achievements. Judging from what Tommy states, he's been there at least once :). (Might that have been the white '61SS car?).

Robert, you need to tell us more about "your newly acquired space". Some of us (in particular, me) will be super jealous!

Cheers!
TomK

Yes Tommy was there for the white 61 SS and the blue 61 SS so I am trying to follow in the master's footsteps.

My new place is situated on high sand sort of overlooking the river that goes by the house. 30 by 50 on a few acres of well drained land. Floor is epoxy coated grey base color with black,grey and white 1/4 inch chip flakes and mild bit of roughness on clear toping to minimize slipping. Two large roll up doors and heated. Have a well already and septic system installed next week. Gas heated. I have cabinets and wall hanging paneling by redline and a lift
Next is bathroom and sheet rock. Lighting is not great as existing 32 watt T 12's but I am not sure which way to go from here. I'll move the cars and get you photos?
The 61 is base coat clear but not the 62
Robert

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Congratulations Robert, quite an achievement.

Tommy, is this the car my hood came from?

Don

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
It is official now and can relax. Yes, the car has been chosen by AACA for a national award at the annual banquet in February. Quite a honor and thanks to everyone for your support. Looks like time to get the tux to the cleaners! Several good national show events next year including Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Robert

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Way to go Robert.:appl
It's a good thing you have Anne to help you get properly attired for such an event or it could be embarrassing.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Cecil correct again, yes she will be going to the awards ceremony to ensure I dress and act properly and more important say the correct things!
Robert

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Maybe you should take notes for us….I always wondered what the "correct things" were.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
We are in Philidelphia this weekend for the Annual Meeting of The Antique Automobile Club of America where Robert will recieve his National Award for his 62 Impala at the banquet on Saturday night. This the most prestigious award given by AACA and it is one of less than 60 awards given for the top cars shown in national competition all across the nation in 2016. Yeah Robert!!!!!
:appl

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Tommy..............be sure to post a picture of Robert in his tux. Shoot............post a picture of both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!