Rock Auto no customer service

Red 409 63 impala

Well Known Member
I purchased an item from Rock Auto and when it arrived did not fit correctly.Filled out the returns form online and they very promptly sent me a replacement. That had the exact same problem. Decided to purchase it locally, fit was perfect. The part was a Standard motor part (usually a good product). They wanted me to pay return shipping! I tried to find a number to call to explain this..found out they have no customer service phone number. They do have good prices but beware...can not speak to a live person.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
True but they will give you a return label or send refund, you didn't answer their questions correctly online. I've done it a couple of times.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Been there also. Defective part, then sent back and wait. No more i will buy local .

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I have used them several times and have had all good experiences, last thing I bought was a fuel pump for my 04 Impala but I bucked up and got the Delphi brand.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I do a lot of business with rockauto but I really wish they had some customer service, it’s really there only down fall.

Red 409 63 impala

Well Known Member
I sent it back with a complete explanation. The price for shipping is unbelievable. It is not the money ( 8.00 ), but the principal. The original purchase and the replacement were both assembled incorrectly. thought I would return the two parts and let them know not to sell their current stock. It is very poor service without a live agent. I would have no problem sending back a part if I was returning it because I changed my mind about the purchase, not for two defective parts

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I sent it back with a complete explanation. The price for shipping is unbelievable. It is not the money ( 8.00 ), but the principal. The original purchase and the replacement were both assembled incorrectly. thought I would return the two parts and let them know not to sell their current stock. It is very poor service without a live agent. I would have no problem sending back a part if I was returning it because I changed my mind about the purchase, not for two defective parts
You’re right it’s not about the money but some customer service would be nice even if you leave a message and they call you back would be cool. I’ve definitely noticed the shipping is way up so now I’m using there parts catalog as reference for when I buy locally and two for amazon cause I have prime I usually come out ahead because of rocks shipping. Plus amazon is way easier with returns.

bobs409

Administrator
I think the usps might own rock auto. (sarcasm) I stopped dealing with these clowns years ago. If I tried to order 3 things, each one came from a different place and I had to pay shipping 3 times! Screw that! I experimented with many different items and it was rare if you could get 2 things from one place.

As for shippers, it IS already way out of hand! The post office raises it's rates 2 times per year, EVERY YEAR! I'm not talking about stamps, who uses them anymore anyhow. A book lasts me 2 years! When does the greed end?? How much is enough?? The bad thing is the other shippers; Fedex, ups follow along raising their rates because they CAN.

Back when Katrina hit, remember all the things that went up? Fuel surcharges started with some shippers, product prices went up like antifreeze and oil but have the prices been returned to normal? Hell NO! We are all "conditioned" so nobody (other than me) seems to complain. The fuel surcharges are still in place too. They were put there to adjust the price to the high fuel costs of the time. Why now? Yep, GREED!!!!

Oh it's too early for this $#!T :angry:furious:bang

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think the usps might own rock auto. (sarcasm) I stopped dealing with these clowns years ago. If I tried to order 3 things, each one came from a different place and I had to pay shipping 3 times! Screw that! I experimented with many different items and it was rare if you could get 2 things from one place.

As for shippers, it IS already way out of hand! The post office raises it's rates 2 times per year, EVERY YEAR! I'm not talking about stamps, who uses them anymore anyhow. A book lasts me 2 years! When does the greed end?? How much is enough?? The bad thing is the other shippers; Fedex, ups follow along raising their rates because they CAN.

Back when Katrina hit, remember all the things that went up? Fuel surcharges started with some shippers, product prices went up like antifreeze and oil but have the prices been returned to normal? Hell NO! We are all "conditioned" so nobody (other than me) seems to complain. The fuel surcharges are still in place too. They were put there to adjust the price to the high fuel costs of the time. Why now? Yep, GREED!!!!

Oh it's too early for this $#!T :angry:furious:bang
Definitely correct Bob! Those fuel surcharges burn my ass! I remember in the end off 2005 a dealer I was working for started getting hit with those charges. It was suppose to go away when gas dropped in price never did and that was when gas $4.00 a gallon here! The post office I stopped using year’s ago there shipping at one point was the cheapest now it’s just plain crazy. And to top it all off my ups guy here treats my packages like shit and every other thing I order is damaged :gaahnever had a problem at my old house I guess that’s what I get for moving!

Red 409 63 impala

Well Known Member
UPDATE...Returned the two lock cylinders that were manufactured completely wrong. One I paid for, one they sent as a warranty. Got a part from Chevy parts dept..fit perfectly...I figured I should have received a full refund after I enclosed a note explaining all of this..Alas they refunded me 1.52. Think twice about the possibility if you have to returned an item...again no customer service phone line.

Red 409 63 impala

Well Known Member
Well I figured I would try again. Ordered GF 90 filter that was supposed to be made by AC DELC. I noticed it was hard to hook up to the pre bent fuel lines..started it up to check for leaks..then went to put the support for the filter.could not get it to fit. measured the diameter and was not the same as the original filter I removed..
Went to the refund procedure and to my surprise they refunded my purchase plus shipping without returning the part. I guess enough people were leaving them because of them not having live customer service agents.

tom-k

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think part of bad customer service is they have no help, they make more sitting home---my idiot governor is planning on vetoing a bill that stops paying people to stay home