Rock n Race 2019 348/409 class

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
People have been asking what kind of times everyone was running. I didn't really have much of a chance to pay attention to all the runs. I know I made 11 passes between 9.95 and 10.09. What was everyone elses best pass of the weekend? Or did anyone keep track of the eliminations results from either the heads up race or the sunday finals?
My best of the weekend was in Sat. nights heads up race , ran 9.24 in both final, and semi final, and on a earlier 9.30 had a 145.82 mph best. I think Rob Walden ran some 9.0's, Barry Taylor also ran 9.0's, and I think Lou Savio in Gary Jespersons car ran a 8.80 something. Not sure about Paul Galvins dragster.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
11.46 @ 117

Car was missing at high rpm and couldn't get hooked up. Had trouble with line lock and two step. James and Teeth got the line lock going and MRHP...aka Polio gave me a coil and even installed it. After all the whining, my last pass was my greatest speed ever of 120+ and second best et ever of 11:43....but I don't run with a 2x4 under my gas pedal like some guys....

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Car was missing at high rpm and couldn't get hooked up. Had trouble with line lock and two step. James and Teeth got the line lock going and MRHP...aka Polio gave me a coil and even installed it. After all the whining, my last pass was my greatest speed ever of 120+ and second best et ever of 11:43....but I don't run with a 2x4 under my gas pedal like some guys....
What are trying to say Dave. :dunno

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
First and foremost "CONGRATULATIONS" to Jim and Valerie McCombs for her "SHOOTOUT WIN." A much deserved Win. What a great gathering of people and cars!!! My son Blake and I had a great time. I want to thank Ray Whitney for his help on several issues with the car and tutoring my son on many things that I didn't know. Thanks to Paul Galvin for helping out with an MSD issue. He lent us and tutored Blake on the use of an MSD ign. tester, which I purchased my own yesterday from Summit. Special thanks to the lovely ladies who served up a great meal Friday. "Oh! and thanks to you to Ricky". Thank you Gordie, "GCAMINO" for giving me a roll of his finest toilet tissue. Came all the way from Texas with half a roll. It was so cool to see four beautifully restored Z11 cars. I leaned in to look at Pats car and it was 1963 again for me. Same color combo as Dads car and yes it did bring a tear to my eyes. Before Dad passed he would tell me he had dream that he had found the 63. I have that dream sometimes. The racing was great. I always enjoy racing Dave Mills. He brings out the best in me when we line up. I would like to have seen Gary Jesperson's hard running car run in the shootout. I had a great seat to watch Paul Galvin's dragster run a 8.70 at 156 in the next lane in time trials. I got to see a lot of friends, made some new ones and missed seeing some people I didn't know was there. I will be back in a door car for the next year for sure. And lastly Thanks to BRYAN FUGATE for putting on a great show. You've got a lot more patience than I with track management. Till next year!!!!!!! "RUSSELL & TAYLOR"

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
First and foremost "CONGRATULATIONS" to Jim and Valerie McCombs for her "SHOOTOUT WIN." A much deserved Win. What a great gathering of people and cars!!! My son Blake and I had a great time. I want to thank Ray Whitney for his help on several issues with the car and tutoring my son on many things that I didn't know. Thanks to Paul Galvin for helping out with an MSD issue. He lent us and tutored Blake on the use of an MSD ign. tester, which I purchased my own yesterday from Summit. Special thanks to the lovely ladies who served up a great meal Friday. "Oh! and thanks to you to Ricky". Thank you Gordie, "GCAMINO" for giving me a roll of his finest toilet tissue. Came all the way from Texas with half a roll. It was so cool to see four beautifully restored Z11 cars. I leaned in to look at Pats car and it was 1963 again for me. Same color combo as Dads car and yes it did bring a tear to my eyes. Before Dad passed he would tell me he had dream that he had found the 63. I have that dream sometimes. The racing was great. I always enjoy racing Dave Mills. He brings out the best in me when we line up. I would like to have seen Gary Jesperson's hard running car run in the shootout. I had a great seat to watch Paul Galvin's dragster run a 8.70 at 156 in the next lane in time trials. I got to see a lot of friends, made some new ones and missed seeing some people I didn't know was there. I will be back in a door car for the next year for sure. And lastly Thanks to BRYAN FUGATE for putting on a great show. You've got a lot more patience than I with track management. Till next year!!!!!!! "RUSSELL & TAYLOR"
Quack! :dance

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
And the saga continues!!!!!!
Al came up yesterday and picked up the Dave Combert Z-11. Al went out about noon today and opened up the ramp door to get the car out. ALL 5 HINGES BROKE AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Pat text me that Al was on the phone with the manufacturer!!!!!
Probably....more breaking news at 10!!!!!!