Rock n Race 2019 348/409 class

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
When Pat called to see if I could pull the car to Dragway42......I had one request.....Yes but I would like an official Pat Lobb Toyota of McKinney employee shirt. He obliged!!!! Those around Friday morning for the "reveal " saw me in costume!!!!! As I was all weekend.
View attachment 74185View attachment 74196View attachment 74206
If Mr. Lobb continues these derogatory remarks about my driving.....I make have to use this shirt next time we have neighbors over for smores when I start the fire!!!

:laugh4:laugh4:laugh4

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Sorry this is a little late, I'm still on the mend. Really not sure how I made it through those 4 days, it was a bit of a blur at times. I'm not big on speeches, I just want to thank each and every one of you for helping to make a lasting impression for us and our badass cars. I had friends in the stands that said the chatter would start when they heard the 409s were coming to the lanes ( One even heard a guy tell his buddy to be quiet, then said you here that the 409s are going to the lanes they have their own sound). To some of our newer members (that came on Sunday to show) that I spoke with on the phone prior to the meet I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you. I had people calling me on Thursday from South Carolina asking for directions and info because they wanted to see the 409s run. Phil your a pain in the ass lol I knew you had something up your sleeve you just had to screw with me thanks for all the trouble and the beatings you went through to get the Colbert car there and back. Pat Lobb thanks for putting up with Phil and trusting him with your car lol. Hank Gabbert for bringing the Good Ole Mr. Wilson car.Russ Campbell for bringing the Jackshaw car it was a big hit with a lot of the locals. Lets see Dennis Jackson for letting me take two unbelievable rides there in your amazing car, to think I was driving around in a car with the parts that went down the track in 1963 I just can't put words to. I thought it was cool when I held the aluminum bumper of Scott Cornwells in 1993. A big thanks to Loreen and her crew that are always the best at keeping us fed even though I always forget to eat. Thanks to Dave Mills, Ray Barnhart , Bo Martin, Rich Horn and Dave Coots for keeping an eye on me and telling me to sit down and relax once and a while. Mark Steele well I think he's the most motivated guy we have at 76 and he just keeps getting faster. Ricky and Scott for being my brothers from another mother. Scott we got pretty close but I think pops was smiling down us when we lined up. Brian Lambert, Barry Taylor, Lous Savio and Gary Jesperson for making the longest hauls to get there. Valerie McCombs I raced with here when I was just 22 with my Impala and she was a badass then too. I'm sure I've missed something I should have posted and I'm sorry if I did. At the end of the day I love all you crazy asses like family that are as silly as me for beating on these cars and we put on a great show as a group. I'll be working on making it better for next year but I can't do it without you guys

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Seems to me you’re pretty good at speeches........ nice job Bryan !!!
Sorry this is a little late, I'm still on the mend. Really not sure how I made it through those 4 days, it was a bit of a blur at times. I'm not big on speeches, I just want to thank each and every one of you for helping to make a lasting impression for us and our badass cars. I had friends in the stands that said the chatter would start when they heard the 409s were coming to the lanes ( One even heard a guy tell his buddy to be quiet, then said you here that the 409s are going to the lanes they have their own sound). To some of our newer members (that came on Sunday to show) that I spoke with on the phone prior to the meet I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you. I had people calling me on Thursday from South Carolina asking for directions and info because they wanted to see the 409s run. Phil your a pain in the ass lol I knew you had something up your sleeve you just had to screw with me thanks for all the trouble and the beatings you went through to get the Colbert car there and back. Pat Lobb thanks for putting up with Phil and trusting him with your car lol. Hank Gabbert for bringing the Good Ole Mr. Wilson car.Russ Campbell for bringing the Jackshaw car it was a big hit with a lot of the locals. Lets see Dennis Jackson for letting me take two unbelievable rides there in your amazing car, to think I was driving around in a car with the parts that went down the track in 1963 I just can't put words to. I thought it was cool when I held the aluminum bumper of Scott Cornwells in 1993. A big thanks to Loreen and her crew that are always the best at keeping us fed even though I always forget to eat. Thanks to Dave Mills, Ray Barnhart , Bo Martin, Rich Horn and Dave Coots for keeping an eye on me and telling me to sit down and relax once and a while. Mark Steele well I think he's the most motivated guy we have at 76 and he just keeps getting faster. Ricky and Scott for being my brothers from another mother. Scott we got pretty close but I think pops was smiling down us when we lined up. Brian Lambert, Barry Taylor, Lous Savio and Gary Jesperson for making the longest hauls to get there. Valerie McCombs I raced with here when I was just 22 with my Impala and she was a badass then too. I'm sure I've missed something I should have posted and I'm sorry if I did. At the end of the day I love all you crazy asses like family that are as silly as me for beating on these cars and we put on a great show as a group. I'll be working on making it better for next year but I can't do it without you guys

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:yup Brian you done a fantastic job, and I must say that being there and meeting everybody in person was awesome. Seem like family even though it was the first time I met you guys. Definitely a time I will never forget oh, and I plan on being there again next year with something to participate with. Looking forward to next year and staying / keeping in touch. Everybody helping everybody when in need. What a great group of people. Thank you 4 an unforgettable weekend! You too Phil !!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bryan I’m sure he’s still laughing at both of us having sweat lights.