Rock N Race 2020 Lets make it even bigger and better than last year

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Hey Gav. I'm staying at the track in my camper as in the past so I haven't done any research on motels etc. have you thought about leasing a motor home for the weekend? That way you could stay at the track with the crazy people. I may be able to help you out there with some leg work. The whole gang would love to have you there. I'm sure others will contribute. Also my home is open to you.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Although I’m not sure of the date I’ll try to bring something there for show only as nothing I got has enough power for you guys even though I got 2 4’s. It’s been a few years since I made a Thompson or Norwalk event.
Robert
If you have 300hp you can race with me. My dual quad wagon should have a stroker motor by then but if not then it will likely still be rocking the 348 with dual quads and powerglide. Don't let HP keep you from running against these boys.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
If you have 300hp you can race with me. My dual quad wagon should have a stroker motor by then but if not then it will likely still be rocking the 348 with dual quads and powerglide. Don't let HP keep you from running against these boys.

Damn the same setup. I have a 1961 Convertible, the Avatar car, 348 with 2 fours and an iron cased power glide! It took some blood sweat and tears to get it running great and looking correct but now it does. I was thinking of bringing another 409 car but too early to committ anything. Unfortunately I really can't race anything I bring due to AACA show commitments as don't want to redo the cars.
Robert

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Damn the same setup. I have a 1961 Convertible, the Avatar car, 348 with 2 fours and an iron cased power glide! It took some blood sweat and tears to get it running great and looking correct but now it does. I was thinking of bringing another 409 car but too early to committ anything. Unfortunately I really can't race anything I bring due to AACA show commitments as don't want to redo the cars.
Robert
Mine has the semi rare Edelbrock small port dual quad intake. They did a hell of a job on it, not sure why they wouldn't bring production back on it because I know several guys looking for small port performance intakes. The ports are as direct a dual plane dual quad intake can be I also have a 1964 glide making it the not so junk aluminum case. We tremble at work every time one of the cast iron models sneeks in the door. I also run a 3000 stall and 3.70 posi. with a 6' ladder bar. :burnoutIts not fast but looks cool. Working on getting the 9 passenger interior put together this winter.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Robert

My spy says Robert is getting ready!

RaceCar-1.jpg

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Gav. I'm staying at the track in my camper as in the past so I haven't done any research on motels etc. have you thought about leasing a motor home for the weekend? That way you could stay at the track with the crazy people. I may be able to help you out there with some leg work. The whole gang would love to have you there. I'm sure others will contribute. Also my home is open to you.
Happy New Year Ray,
Thanks for the message, at this stage would probably already have a rental car as aim will be to drive up from Houston.
Staying at the track certainly does have an appealing ring to it though.

Well more thought will certainly now be going in to this from now, cause the way the months fly by these day's it will be July before you know it.

Gav

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I checked my work schedule and have this weekend off so I put in for a couple extra days off to come down to this. I don’t know if I will have my car with or if I will be just a spectator yet!

Would be nice if you bring your car Nate. I'd like to meet it in person. You don't have to beat it like a rented mule. We're all not hardcore racers like Ray.:burnoutAlso, keep in mind there probably is going to be an event in Indiana that would be much closer for you.

Last edited:

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Would be nice if you bring your car Nate. I'd like to meet it in person. You don't have to beat it like a rented mule. We're all not hardcore racers like Ray.:burnoutAlso, keep in mind there probably is going to be an event in Indiana that would be much closer for you.

Well if I bring the car I’m sure I won’t be really competitive with my lack of track experience but I would be there just for some fun.I don’t think my car is quite the caliber of machine that your guys is. I’m working on suspension stuff now and then need to figure out all the safety stuff needed as well. I seen the Indiana event but didn’t feel like that is set in stone yet and I really only get one outing a year being I’m a single dad so getting someone to take the kids for a length of time is tricky!

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well if I bring the car I’m sure I won’t be really competitive with my lack of track experience but I would be there just for some fun.I don’t think my car is quite the caliber of machine that your guys is. I’m working on suspension stuff now and then need to figure out all the safety stuff needed as well. I seen the Indiana event but didn’t feel like that is set in stone yet and I really only get one outing a year being I’m a single dad so getting someone to take the kids for a length of time is tricky!
We will start a fun raiser and get your kid taken care of if that means you get to come out and have some fun! That's why I brought my parents with me at the Tri-State raceway drag race last year, to help the wife with my kids. Plus my dad knows a little bit about racing and cars. :goodWho are you saying wouldn't be competitive? I have just over 300hp and just barely lost to Paul at the finish line. Damn reaction time killing me. :D

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Randy I’m pretty sure my old man is gonna take them for the time I come down for Ohio. My daughter is special needs so it’s a little harder to find someone to watch her being she needs a little extra attention. Being my car is 4 speed and I’m learning I’m doubting I will be consistent enough to be competitive was my thought.