Rock N Race 2020 Lets make it even bigger and better than last year

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Plans are full speed ahead as of now. Ohio started restrictions earlier than most and held numbers down ( the ones accounted for at least). The track is planning track rentals already and I’m guessing most at least in Ohio will be open by June following summit Motorsports Park and Bill baders lead. We will just have to wait and see.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don’t see Illinois or Wisconsin tracks open before July. Shit down will be extended to June and then a slow opening. I bet sporting venues will be the last. All it takes to shut down a track who opened early will be one call and the police will be there. An overzealous prosecutor could even charge the owner with a felony of reckless endangerment of the public. Hope I’m wrong.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Plans are full speed ahead as of now. Ohio started restrictions earlier than most and held numbers down ( the ones accounted for at least). The track is planning track rentals already and I’m guessing most at least in Ohio will be open by June following summit Motorsports Park and Bill baders lead. We will just have to wait and see.
Bill Bader Jr. was on the national TV news yesterday saying he's opening Norwalk in 2 weeks regardless of resrtictions.

409envy

Well Known Member
THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated
-Thomas Paine

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Lets all the 409 racers make a video of us eating Bull nuts like Dave (Cooter) Coots does. We'll put it in a loop and project it on the side of one of our race trailers. The other racers will see us coming and run in the other direction. That will take care of 99% of the self distancing problems at the track. The rest of the immediate 409 family that refuse to exercise social distancing amongst the group will be beaten with Phil swung by the heels by our enforcer Dave (Cooter) Coots,,,,,,,,,The end!

Hey, it's calf nuts Ray... bull nuts come from old cranky turds like you................:flag:flag:flag:flag

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Looking like the Rock N Race will happen as long as nothing else crazy happens. Ohio is gradually opening things up and Cedar Point is in the plans, so no reason the race tracks can't be.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Cedar Point was a big summer time hangout for us kids in high school. There was an island out nearby (Catawba?) that we used to go to meet chicks on vacation :).

In the 70s and 80s my folks had a place on Lake Erie I think it was called "Marblehead". Dad was big on boating and always kept a lake boat and trailer in the back yard. Towed it to Lake Erie with his '62 Impala convertible :).

Cheers! TomK

55Brodie

Well Known Member
Cedar Point was a big summer time hangout for us kids in high school. There was an island out nearby (Catawba?) that we used to go to meet chicks on vacation :).

In the 70s and 80s my folks had a place on Lake Erie I think it was called "Marblehead". Dad was big on boating and always kept a lake boat and trailer in the back yard. Towed it to Lake Erie with his '62 Impala convertible :).

Cheers! TomK
Tom, in the early 90's I spent 3 glorious summers and 3 miserable winters in Avon, OH. I can't say I remember much about fall and spring though. Had some great times at Put In Bay.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:bawl:bawl:wah:cryWell my forum family and fellow racers, it is with much sadness that i advise that due to this crazy arse world that our planned holiday to the States in July has now been cancelled and we have become exactly like our native bird the kiwi and that is "FLIGHTLESS":yikes. There is currently next to no flights in or out of NZ apart from freight planes and even domestic travel has been heavily reduced over the last number of weeks.

Our flights have been cancelled and we have no idea as to when our boarders will open up again. Now i have the painful task of getting refunded for all our flights and taking on the airline and insurance company.
This has put a big hole in the heart with knowing on just how much i was looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Be safe, stay well and awesome racing:burnout:drive

Gav