Rock N Race 2020 Lets make it even bigger and better than last year

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Question for those going to attend. Group dinners. Would you like it to be self serve as far as sides and condiments. Meats all on one tray and help yourself to the condiments, chips, salads etc. Thoughts. We’re trying to get things figured out without freaking anyone out or working our food prep crew to the bone.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Since I'm gonna be in the area getting my Mom's house in Parma, Ohio ready for sale, I'll be stopping by to watch the action and see all you old farts and do a litle bench racing :) :) :). Unfortunately I won't be bringing a race car :(. Think they'll let me make a pass in an Acura MDX?

Don, I'll be bringing those "Ronnie Russell" heads for you to take back to Alabama :).

Cheers! TomK

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I’m not going to be able to make this race :crybecause I’ve run out of time on finishing the car. I do however plan on being at Thompson assuming it gets to happen. To many setbacks to finish the car and then test. I wish everyone a safe race and journey to and from the race. Everyone try and help keep Coots and Phil vertical!!!

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:cry2:bawl:bawl July 23rd, by rights we should have now been on a plane jet setting for a joyous time with family & friends in the sun & knocking back a few cold one.
Damn you China Flu.
And my JD supplies are just about exhausted as well :grumble
You all have fun, will be thinking of you all.

Gav

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I will not be making the 42 event it seems. Lot of different factors at play. A death in my family required my travel to Louisiana. The last of the Cajun matriarch's passed away at 90. That was last weekend. I got the news yesterday that a contract that I have been working on for 7 months for a New Hampshire hospital finally was signed Monday. I am now required to be there at the end of next week to launch this new program for the hospital.

For those of you who purchased parts from me that I was to deliver to 42: I am currently in the process of finding a way to get them to you next weekend at 42. I haven't spoken to my buddy yet about putting them in his truck. Will communicate with all that are expecting parts individually.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Hmmm... Russ is out of town and busy hefting that HUGE trophy and Dennis is distracted with work and family matters....

Might be a good time for me to sneak down to Rodney's shop in Springfield MO and load up that '62 Bubbletop project when no one is looking :) :) :).

All kidding aside, gonna miss all you guys who can't make the trek but I hope to drive the 11 hours to be on site at Dragway 42 Friday and Saturday. I might have some paint bloobs on my body from working on my folks' place :).

Cheers! TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Dennis....I am happy your contract finally came thru!!!!!! Know you have been a long time without a pay check. To miss their very first meeting they requested, would be a disaster!!!! Just dazzle them with your bullshit!!!!!!
Candy and I are not planning to attend. Hate it but we just feel we have be to cautionary. Have a lot of friends in this group that I would love to visit with but hope that next year will be fine again.
To all the racers......hope you have very low reaction times, quick to the finish line and BE SAFE.