Rock N Race 2020 Lets make it even bigger and better than last year

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Met Nate and his partner last night at a truckstop in Johnson Creek Wisconsin....... where I picked up my 817 heads that Denny Ford sold to me.........and was nice enough to carry with him to dragway 42 to try to transport them for me to save money on shipping .....many thanks to Denny and to Nate......
173EDC22-386F-4DCF-A421-5DD4F2DF9227.jpegD97F11F2-2DC7-44CD-9F8A-B9AE1A491942.jpeg

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Sorry I usually try and do a good job of keeping up with times and all that's going on, my mind just wasn't there after Friday. As far as mine something let go at 6500 rpms on top end of track, puff of smoke from driver side number 3 plug took a hit, some bumps in the pan, tires locked up briefly just past finish line at about 100mph that was a little scary, will know more in the next couple days haven't had the drive to find out what I can't fix yet. Nobody was setting any records, air wasn't good rain messed with us on Saturday then shut us down Sunday. Coots did get two tires in the air. Scott and his buddy John (Good dude) both went 5 rounds I believe in the gamblers race on Friday night kicking some ass.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Sorry I usually try and do a good job of keeping up with times and all that's going on, my mind just wasn't there after Friday. As far as mine something let go at 6500 rpms on top end of track, puff of smoke from driver side number 3 plug took a hit, some bumps in the pan, tires locked up briefly just past finish line at about 100mph that was a little scary, will know more in the next couple days haven't had the drive to find out what I can't fix yet. Nobody was setting any records, air wasn't good rain messed with us on Saturday then shut us down Sunday. Coots did get two tires in the air. Scott and his buddy John (Good dude) both went 5 rounds I believe in the gamblers race on Friday night kicking some ass.

I was in the left lane when Bryan's engine let go....smoked me out and he still won.....:tongue2 he had a .0125 RT

I entered the gamblers race and made it to round 2. Can't find that ticket. Car was not running worth a crap and I dialed a 11:60 and I ran a 11:58 so that was the end of that. I ran Scott Hall in a T&T. He went .0720 red and I had a .0943 Finally had a decent 60' (1.59) and the best run of the 5 for the weekend @11:47/118.76 Scott went 10.40/132 I've got work to do before Thompson.:burnout

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
We were running 10.34-10.44. 60' times between 1.44 and 1.51. Was doing 1.40 60' times a few weeks ago at Maple Grove. The 10.34 was actually close to what we were running at Maple Grove, weather was bad that night also. Best part was seeing everyone. We took advantage of the early exit on Sunday to stop at Summit Racing and the Flight 93 Memorial on the way home. That Memorial puts lots of things in perspective.

Last edited:

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well nothing spectacular Paul. My first run was my best of the weekend at 13.06 at 109mph and I was getting a feel for it I was shifting early due to not being able to hear the engine with a helmet on vs when I am playing on the street. My second run I spun hard off the line and the other 2 it wouldn’t shift to second so I readjusted the clutch and never got to run again.