Rocker Stud Girdle

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I am interested in a rocker stud girdle for my latest engine i'm doing ... After considerable research i talked w / John Ansteth at Jomar today ...

Very informative and interesting conversation ... he would be willing to tool up if there was enough interest ! He has made a few sets for the Edlebrock heads .
They have a different exhaust stud angle and will not interchange This would be for the 690 - 583 and BWR heads ... If you are interested lets hear it !!

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't know. I am sure a stud girdle would be an improvement for me but since I have had no issue with failure and the lash doesn't change, I don't think I would buy them. They are kind of a pain in the ass and if the engine got any more radical as far as rpm or spring pressure goes, I would just spring for a shaft system.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bossman was working on this. Borrowed my stud girdle a couple years ago. I have a pare of 690s with I believe big block valves. They came with the girdle. We tried to run them without it but the valves would back of almost immediately. Went back put the girdle on it, problem fixed. Ronnie hated the girdle at first until he learned where to set it before tightening the u bolt.