Rocky Marciano

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
When's the last time you heard the name Marciano mentioned on any sports show? If you grew up in the 40's and 50's, you listened to most of his fights on radio since they weren't carried on the limited TV (ABC, NBC & CBS) of the time and Pay Per View didn't exist. His fights with Ezzard Charles, a black, were epics. Rocky didn't know about "Rope a Dope". His secret trick was to just put his opponent to sleep in the middle of the ring . . .. 49 wins and no losses.

Since he was white and boxing has been taken over by blacks, he will never be given his due in this PC socially engineered society of the last 60 years or so. Since the Liberal/Progressives control our culture, society, media and sports, Marciano and his record will be buried forever in sports history. He is the only undefeated (49 -0) Heavyweight Champion in the history of boxing. He was also drafted and served in the army.

Just so you know...A lot of people have this title confused.
The Greatest Boxer of All Time: Didn't die recently...he died 47 years ago.
He didn't have 5 losses, he had 0. . .. None! !
He didn't have 37 Knock Outs he had 43 (88%).
He didn't dodge the draft.
He wasn't a race baiter and sure as hell didn't convert to Islam.
He was a local kid named Rocky Marciano, aka The Brockton Blockbuster.

Don't let the mainstream media idolize false prophets.
When he was asked on TV if he could've knocked out Ali in his prime his response was oh so classical!!
"I'd be conceited if I said I could've, but I'd be a liar if I said I couldn't".

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
When I was a kid growing up my dad ran or managed a restaurant and in his office he had a black-and-white photo of Rocky Marciano hanging on the wall and I can remember asking my dad who he was and he told me the greatest boxer of all time and my dad was a huge Muhammad Ali/ Cassius Clay fan .......

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I can't remember, exactly, how old I was, 6 or 7.:dunno My Dad, worked in our local General Electric. All week long, when he got home from work, he was telling my Mother, " I can't wait till Friday, Marciano is fighting Jersey Joe for the Championship again." He was really excited.:clap Every couple days, at supper, he would mention it.:rolleyes Finally, he got me excited, too.:clap Finally Friday arrives, and we're getting everything ready, for the Main Event,( Chips, Soda,Beer). So we're sitting there, watching the beginning of the fight, and Dad gets up, to refill his Beer. He goes out in the kitchen, and Marciano knocks out Jersey Joe.:doh:eek3 My Dad missed it.:bang Boy, was he disappointed.:dunno2My Mother, Never let him forget that.:teehee

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Great Article, Keith.:applThe two boxers, had different styles. Ali, was a Boxer, and Marciano was a Fighter. (Brawler) It's amazing, the shot's Rocky took, from Jersey Joe, and hardly flinched.:eek1 Would have been a Great Fight, Him and Ali.:clap

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Marciano was one of the great boxers. They even tried making a "computer" fight with him and Ali so they could beat the big mouth black guy. I would recommend getting over the race stuff and just enjoy sports for what it is.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
The only reason I posted that article was for the computer generated fight it wasn't until after I posted it that I noted the remarks about the race the great white hope and the rest and I'm not hung up on race and that's why I deleted the posting

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
For those of you who read the article and viewed the computer generated boxing match the sole purpose of me posting it was for the computer generated boxing match the article did go on to discuss prevalent feelings at the time of Rocky Marciano being the great white hope and all the negative feelings of Cassius Clay converting to Islam changing his name to Muhammad Ali and discussions of draft dodging and being stripped of his title in the article which I did not realize would be downloaded along with the computer generated fight it use the N-word and I'm pretty disgusted by that so I ended up erasing the article for anyone who has read it I apologize for posting it I just wanted to comment on Dave's opening statement about Rocky Marciano

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
It was a great article, Keith.:clap You have nothing to apologize for.:dunnoWe can read, between the lines.:clap