Roof rail weatherstrips

bobs409

Administrator
I am going to be putting new ones in the '66 Impala tomorrow (Soft seal) but never did these before. Do they get glued in? Maybe a bit of weatherstrip adhesive or fully glue them in with silicone????

Thanks,

Bob

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Get some 3M weatherstrip adhesive. I would glue everything except the seals in the quarter wndows.
Ross

bobs409

Administrator
I feel a bit silly now. I opened the package and there were the instructions. :doh :D

These were a breeze to install once the old were out. The old ones no longer looked like rubber but more like burned out charcoal! It was crumbling apart like ash. :eek:

Now the Impala is happy and so am I. :p

Ed51

Supporting Member 1
Isn't it nice the way things stop squeaking and it seems quieter with the new ones? Get the door seals too,that made a big change for the good on mine. :clap

bobs409

Administrator
Ed,

I haven't had the luxury of hearing anything squeek on this car yet. :D Hope to be driving it later this summer though, yesterday I bought $250 worth of paint supplies so I know it's getting close! I can almost see that shiny black finish now. :p

I was going to wait until after the paint to do all the weatherstrips at one time but found 2 leaks after the last rain so I moved up the install of these. I had bought a complete set of Softseal weatherstrips on ebay a while back. It included; trunk, cowl, L & R roof rails, L & R doors, L & R quarter window and the 2 U's that go under those. Got a great deal on them too. $145.05 including shipping and tax! Try to find that deal again...