Rubber pads for frame

ragtp66

Well Known Member
I had found a source for those but I would have to do some digging though receipts to tell you where I found them.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I still have ones off my convertibles. I never put them back on the frame. As I recall they were glued to the frame
right bellow the bend in the front floor pan up to the flange on the lower firewall.
Paul

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Phil,
I recall that when I put them on the frame to test fit them I would have had to glue them - they did not touch or even be close to the floor so I left them off. I thought I rembered the rubber ribbed strips touching the floor - but I have 12 NOS round body mounts with the full size metal washers on the top of each mount) on my convertible. This is as compared to originals I removed that were not as thick - they were compressed)
Paul

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Almost what Paul said was what happened to my 62. I saw one just hanging by a thread of glue and the other side it was gone completely p. The material looked like it was cork. I was thinking it was for a sound deader, if the front body mounts went bad.
I never lifted the body off the frame, but as I said it wasn’t hitting anything.

Dave