Rusty Dash

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
My brothers son in law is redoing a 65 Impala and it has a rusty dash and upper cowl where the 2 panels come together under the glass. Does anyone know if there are replacement panels (upper dash and upper cowl) available for a 65 and if so where? It would require a lot of work to try and repair the rusty dash and upper cowl panel.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Are you speaking of the right under the windshield? The windshield channel. I replaced mine on a 67 LeMans. The very end of the dash and window channel come together right there and if it rust much the dash can rust a little also. The 67 GTO has one that cannot be that much different I would think. Mod it a little if that's what you talking about ?Racking 1-1-12 004_LI.jpg

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Are you speaking of the right under the windshield? The windshield channel. I replaced mine on a 67 LeMans. The very end of the dash and window channel come together right there and if it rust much the dash can rust a little also. The 67 GTO has one that cannot be that much different I would think. Mod it a little if that's what you talking about ?windshield channel.jpg

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Are you speaking of the right under the windshield? The windshield channel. I replaced mine on a 67 LeMans. The very end of the dash and window channel come together right there and if it rust much the dash can rust a little also. The 67 GTO has one that cannot be that much different I would think. Mod it a little if that's what you talking about ?View attachment 83558
Yes its the same area where the glass seals, the L shaped ledge that is formed by the dash top and the upper firewall or cowl.

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Almost every repop company sells the upper cowl piece but don't believe you can get the area that's under the dash pad so that may need to be fabricated, piece isn't cheap either believe almost 400 bones plus oversize shipping. Almost every 65 66 impala I run into lately has this issue now.