Rustyimp sez hey

Rustyimp

Hey folks.
cant believe someone hasn’t taken Rustyimp as a handle before me. Did it on a lark but got it. Guess I’m stuck with it! Bought my latest impala, a 1963, about 5 years ago but just now moved it out of storage and onto the lift. Traded a 1991 Dodge 15 passenger van for it. It was running and driving (the Impala) although the interior is shot. It’s got a GREAT body, no bondo and minimal rust. Not even dented. Floorboards are shot tho.
Ive owned Impalas for most of my adult life... mostly 400 small block cars. Last Impala was my Grandads 1973 four door Imp that I totaled (not my fault). I love these big icons.
The rest of my stable is newer. It includes a 1973 Chevelle, 1977 Chevy Van, 1979 Corvette and several newer “other” brands.
I’m gonna be asking a bunch of questions and probably won’t have many answers. But I’m learning all the time in my one-man garage! Hit me up. Stay safe!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 40

Rustyimp

Thanks guys. Learned a lot about this Impala since I bought it. Mainly that even tho the guy assured me it was a 327/power glide car when I bought it, I see after running numbers it’s a 283. And that Powerglide is a turbo350. No biggie. Motors got a 4brl Edelbrock on it. It now shifts into 3 gears (bad linkage) and I took the 2x4 board tranny mount out and got the right mount installed. But, there is a lot here to work with and I’m getting it road-worthy and driving it while restoring it. Or resto-modding it more likely. What do u guys think... a 409 w/a 4 speed or a 454 w/a 5 speed?

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks guys. Learned a lot about this Impala since I bought it. Mainly that even tho the guy assured me it was a 327/power glide car when I bought it, I see after running numbers it’s a 283. And that Powerglide is a turbo350. No biggie. Motors got a 4brl Edelbrock on it. It now shifts into 3 gears (bad linkage) and I took the 2x4 board tranny mount out and got the right mount installed. But, there is a lot here to work with and I’m getting it road-worthy and driving it while restoring it. Or resto-modding it more likely. What do u guys think... a 409 w/a 4 speed or a 454 w/a 5 speed?
We all have something that needs done. No matter how long you have owned something. They are old engineering and we tend to beat them a little so things break. Plus we like to make excuses to buy parts so Santa UPS will drop off performance presents. :brow