Sad Day, Today...

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Just found out, my machinist died, last week.:cry1 I have known Dave, since 1965. Great Mechanic, Machinist and Friend.:clap Did all the machine work. on my present 409. I bet he worked on, 90% of the Stock Car engine's running at Fonda Speedway. Rest-In-Peace, Dave Gaul.:(

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Sad day indeed Skip !! I know how you feel as do most everyone here having gone through similar experiences. It's never easy !!
Ken

Junky

Well Known Member
Sad news, especially for all of us that are in our twilight years, for we never know who is going to be next. Let us all keep in touch with all of our friends, because we never know when they will pass. All too often people say that they don't have time to visit an old friend, but they always find time to attend their funeral. Visit now, not when they pass. Rest in peace Dave Gaul

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Many of these talented guys will be impossible to replace. A lot of the real machinists got their training in the military or OJT and could do just about anything with nothing. Some of the younger guys (not all) are lost without high-tech equipment.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Many of these talented guys will be impossible to replace. A lot of the real machinists got their training in the military or OJT and could do just about anything with nothing. Some of the younger guys (not all) are lost without high-tech equipment.

Sorry to hear that Skip.