Sad News

Junky

Well Known Member
Having been an EMT and having gone to many suicide attempts, which some were successful, one has to wonder exactly what people are thinking about when they make the attempt. The one thing that I and others have learned from past experiences, unless they get the help that they need, they will make the attempt again and again, until they are successful. One of the biggest problems is that many times, that they will not reach out for help, because it isn't help with continuing their life that they are looking for, they are looking for a way out from under what they perceive as a burden that they can't handle.
My condolences for the loss of your friend, however, there is no reason for you to feel guilty, because he never reached out to you for help. We can only help those that ask for our help and truly want it. I also lost a close friend to suicide, and I knew that there was nothing that I could have done to stop him. I talked him out of it once, but when I went away for a week, he made his choice that was irreversible. There was nothing more that I could do for him. I did find an antique hearse for his funeral, since he loved old cars, and that gesture was appreciated by the family.
Junk

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Sorry for your loss James,
Suicide is a hard topic for us to talk about and even harder one to broach with a friend that you think may be close to it.
Lynette and i have lost two close friends to this and it is hard to deal with but as junky said it doesn't matter what you think you can do or could have done it is their decision in the end.

Steve

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
James I guess the conversation we had last night turned out to be true, I'm as sick about it too.....talked to Wesley not too long ago to see if he was going to be posting the cruise in dates at Parkade Plaza and he wanted me to bring my Nova. He was asking me about the Chevy coupe and said there weren't too many of those around and it would be different. He called me a few weeks ago and asked me about fixing a refrigerator for a friend of his. That was the last time I talked to him. I had no idea there was any problems. Wesley always seem to be in a good mood and always had that smiley grin on his face. Sorry to hear about his passing.:weep I'll see you Friday!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry to hear this LA, it’s a hard way to lose anyone.

We have assisted suicide here for those who have a terminal illness and are in a lot of pain. You have to have 2 people say you are of sound mind and then have 2 doctors say the same. I signed for one friend who had melanoma for more than 10 years and was at the point he could no longer see any hope of having any quality of life and was about to move into care.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4

Suicide sucks ......his poor wife, and family get to wonder the rest of their lives..... why he would do something like that ?..... they will be second-guessing...... and having many thoughts, many what if’s, Manny I wish I would have....... my mother is experiencing and going through that and all of those emotions now .......it only happened last November ........I feel very bad for anyone close to him ......I have been unsuccessful in getting my mother to go to the survivor of suicide meetings...... but if they are offered....... I highly recommend the family attend them......I pray that God give his family members and friends the strength and the understanding needed .........very tragic.....!!!!

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I haven't been on here in a couple of days, sorry to hear about your friend, James. It was good to see you again at the swap meet on Friday, hope you were able to stay dry. I didn't open the seat covers yet, in case you want to come down and count stitches!