Sad News

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I got work last night that my good friend Wesley Barnes passed away yesterday.
I have known Wesley since high school, he was year ahead of me.
We were part of the street race seen back in those days.
:cry1

This a poster of his car that we have hanging in the office.
20190815_101927 (2).jpg

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
So sorry for your loss James.I am going through a loss myself,and I had a conversation with someone who told me that a person is 50% physical matter and 50% energy.The physical matter is gone but the energy remains in memories and experiences you have had with that person.I thought that was a comforting way of looking at things.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
If he indeed took his own life you have to look at the situation . Although controversial I support ones right to end their life under certain circumstances. Depression not being one of those circumstances. God rest his soul.
I had known a retired gentleman that had a very successful trucking company. He had Ms and tried taking his life with a pistol ,and his wife caught him and took it away. He later accomplished that, his son told me . When you think your life is about to the point it's going to get worse then that is the way out, I guess!

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Yes it was a street car, it later got a injector hat installed converted to electronic injection with a Mega Squirt system.
Sounds like the rumor is not a rumor. :(
Wesley and I have attended several HAMB Drags together. I am heading to the HAMB drags tomorrow guess it will give my something to reflect on this weekend.

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Sorry to hear James ......it’s memory will serve well at the racetrack .....I have to say if someone took their own life no matter what the situation, it was depression ......or mental disease....... problem is a lot of time it goes on undiagnosed and no one knows how to help, and even if you do try to Help .........there has to be a will of the person who has depression..... to save them self............ that’s where it gets tricky