Samsung Frig.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ya, just buy a new refer and use the old in the garage or give away.
How much friggin ice do you use, especially this time of year.

What will happen: you'll give it to a friend and they will pay to fix ice maker since they have zero $ invested. Then many years later they will tell you it's been perfect ever since, go figure:scratch

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Actually I like bagged ice better,crystal clear seems to make mixed drinks taste better or anything for that matter. I have a water softener in the water system and another filter in fridge with a water dispenser, but the cubes still are not crystall clear. Why is that ,,,,,,,,anyone??????

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Ya, just buy a new refer and use the old in the garage or give away.
How much friggin ice do you use, especially this time of year.

What will happen: you'll give it to a friend and they will pay to fix ice maker since they have zero $ invested. Then many years later they will tell you it's been perfect ever since, go figure:scratch
We don't use a whole lot of ice. But, it's convenient to have when needed. Not really a problem to make my own or even buy it. Just a big disappointment in this appliance. BTW, soon I'll be able to go outside and grab the icicles that form on the roof lol. I do see a new frig. in my future. When I don't have any ice for my Grey Goose gimlet, that's it. I'm done. I quit. Off to the appliance store I go.

Don, I think the adulterants in our water has alot to do with the non clear ice cubes. I experience the same problem. I have a full house water filter in the basement, which filters all water before coming upstairs or going elsewhere. I also have a water softener because of the hardness and iron content. This POS frig. also has it's own filter which cost $14.00 each to replace about every 6 months. What a rip off. I really think these people are homosexuals the way they try and stick it to you. The filters probably do a good job, but some particles just get by and I think this affects the cloudiness of the ice cubes. I'd be happy to have them back :laugh4, Carmine.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
carmine, that crystal clear bagged is sure is nice in your cold drinks...;)

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Actually I like bagged ice better,crystal clear seems to make mixed drinks taste better or anything for that matter. I have a water softener in the water system and another filter in fridge with a water dispenser, but the cubes still are not crystall clear. Why is that ,,,,,,,,anyone??????
The cloudiness in ice cubes is from dissolved air. Don't ask me how those mega ice houses get the air out. Pulling a vacuum in the process would probably do it. If you make your ice in trays at home you boil the water before filling the trays. That will give you clearer ice but probably not perfect. In really cold surroundings ice freezes from the outside in trapping air and other impurities. If you can slow the freezing process you can get better looking ice also.

Last edited:

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If none of the links below help, ice makers are cheap usually 100.00 or less, their plug and play and only mounted with two 1/4 screw's.

Also make sure you change those water filter's timely. They recommend 6 months but I change our's about every two years as I can see the ice cubes getting smaller.

Nothing too do with ice machine but cooling. Most people never clean their condenser located at the bottom of new frig's as the fan motor draws dust too that area.

I vacum our's annually.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

https://support-us.samsung.com/nas/...akers_In_Samsung_Fench_Door_Refrigerators.pdf

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/troubleshoot-icemaker-samsung-refrigerator-rf267aars-102849.html

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
That, is a Great company. :clap I have purchased many, Washing Machine, and Dryer parts, over the years.:appl