Sanderson Hedders

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Arrived last night. Brand new and Jet Hot silver coated inside and out. should polish up good. Looks to clear everything from my point of view with the engine out of car. Little tight to the Lokar dipstick, will have to twist it out of the way. I will post pic of them on the engine in the car soon. Nice welds and very thick flanges. Pretty easy to install on the engine sitting on the stand.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
pics of Sandersons

Pics just for reference.

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 87
  • r.jpg
    r.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 110

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The only place that you will have trouble is the front upper control arm bolt on both sides. If Sanderson hasn't changed that will be an issue for you. :cry Roy

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Tell me more

Models: I'm not totally familiar with this set. What diameter are these, and how wide can you run the exhaust from these pipes? This is going in an X frame, correct? What price range are these in?

Best,
TomK

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ebay item

I got these off ebay. Newer style with Jet Hot in and out. I paid $350. I think they cost that bare. Sanderson says the newer style fixes a fit problem in the X frames. That is where they are going. I bought them assuming the worst, I'll make them fit. Maybe I'll get luckey and they WILL fit. Fitting the engine in the car soon. Will post then with problems. The starter is a stagered bolt pattern AC Delco (I think) I got from Arco Racing Starters. 1-708-422-2978 Shop Phone. Been using his starters for years without problems. $135. I think.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Collector size

Forgot. Collector is 3 inch. Could run that all the way to muffler. Just like a standard Hedder flange.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Thanks!

Models:

Thanks for the follow up. Saw those on Ebay, glad you got 'em! Hope they work out, let us know how it goes.

Best,
TomK

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
ebay headers

Jim,

That's the set that I have on the wagon. Mine are powder coated. They are a good set of headers. The down side is number 2 cylinder tube goes outside the frame rail. Therefore you have to cut a clearance hole in the wheel house. I also had to pound the pinch weld seam where the firewall and floor meet for the number 8 tube.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
$499 couple of weeks ago

Too high a starting bid couple of weeks ago ($499) must have relisted. $699 new I believe.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Got these a while back from an ornery fella out west...they are old Stahls I believe...why can't someone make a set like these anymore ? They fit perfect...the clearances are unbelievably tight .

409001.jpg

Ebern Watson Jr

Fenderwell hedders

Anyone know source for fenderwell hedders aka Jardine style???

Not available from Jardine/Doug Thorley...they offered no leads to source...

Thought you guys might have old set to to sell that I could use as a pattern...or do you know of source for 409 hedders for straight back collector (not angled x frame) for tube type chassie in 59 Impala??

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Those headers look great!! I sure wish you could still but some like that! How 'bout a pic of the entire car:brow
Ross

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
...in hindsight..I hate to steal this headers thread...maybe Bob can move this to a new thread for me...