Savin yor bacon in Kali

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This is just another case of the people who voted for proposition 12 not being held accountable for their actions, and the sellers of pork not willing to have enough self respect to stand up for their own principles. This is real simple :scratch Pork sellers outside California, STOP selling to California :doh People in California live, learn to live with your vote, or better yet, learn to vote with common sense and education. But NOOOOOOOOO that would be too easy for both sides.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Cut them off....

Personally I would pay extra for non confinement pork. Even a good appearing ham has the confinement taste. STANK

The downside is it costs more to raise hogs non confinement. Much more labor intensive and requires more land. There are several confinement buildings within a few miles of me, but I can't think of anyone raising free range pork.

I do buy free range eggs from a friend for $2 a dozen and am buying a few spring fryers from him.

Reactions: 327

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I tend to agree with you Dave on better conditions either penned or free range. The law has been going about 2 years and Ca was supposed to start in January. It mainly said that the pens had to be a little larger for the most part or the product cannot be sold in CA. I just want people to be held responsible for their actions. I truly wish that the pork suppliers would just say they cannot meet the CA standards, sorry. But it sounds like they like money more than their self respect.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
screw them, keep the pork east of cali and let's all enjoy a bacon burger...my turbo is about 280 lbs., he'll make for some sweet BBQ one day...