SBC Distributor?

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Does the SBC have this notch in the base like the W distributor?

Attachments

• dizzy.jpg
    dizzy.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 96

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No but early big blocks do and they are the same length as a small block.

Bill

Correct me if I am wrong but I think like Bill said the early BBC shared the same distributor end as the W because they used the same rear cam bearing...

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Correct me if I am wrong but I think like Bill said the early BBC shared the same distributor end as the W because they used the same rear cam bearing...

I've had old iron small block distributors with that same bottom piece. Never saw an aluminum one. Small block and big blocks can interchange, but the 09 has always been different. bob

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

Cam bearings were always a different size on the BBC vs the 09. The 65 BBC had a groved rear cam bearing. bob

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

09 and BBC were always different. Is the vac advance or the area where it would have been in the normal location? If not yank it and reinstall to get it clocked right and see if it goes away. If it is clocked right, it's most likely the cam bearing in wrong. There could be blockage if the oil galleries weren't cleaned good enough.