SBC dual crankshaft pulley

denson1932

Well Known Member
I have a black steel SBC SWP lower 2 belt pulley typical 6 3/4 dia..... it has the first and third grooves...is this for alternator and A/C but no P/S? i cannot see any part number stamping under the black paint.

A little confused on why you called the grooves first and third and not first and second. A swp 2 groove pulley is for alt and ac. The first groove is for the alt and the second groove is for the ac. The ps driver pulley is seperate and bolts on in front of the first pulley no matter if its a 1 or 2 groove pulley. Hope that helps.

denson1932

Well Known Member
OK sorry i didn't give a pix... my pocket camera the little USB data connector is ruined...the pulley has the first inner groove and the 3rd outer groove all in one spot welded pulley...it skips the center groove so according to your info it is for ALT and P/S & without A/C. Thank you for the helP!
Update...I took smartphone pixs today of the 409 that's for sale...if i can figure out how to get pixs from the smartphone to attach here...the pulley is on it you can see it if you look close.

Attachments

• 409C4.jpg
    409C4.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 31
GM didn't weld swp pulleys together, Check out these Ebay ads to see what the pulleys look like. One is a single groove alt only, one is the ps add on driver pulley, and one that shows a 2 groove alt/ac pulley with a ps pulley.

denson1932

Well Known Member
Yes the 409 engine is listed in the For Sale Forum with the 1965 Impala SS.....Need $7500 for the engine W/O Impala SS project. 57703 Zip code.

Attachments

• 409Gray1.jpg
    409Gray1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 409Gray2.jpg
    409Gray2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 7