Seam sealer, where and how?

bobs409

Administrator
Bob, your work looks really good but you are making me a little nervous. it looks like you are not using your best alignment tool THE DECKLED

Don't be nervous, the rear panel, under tail light panel and trunk gutters aren't welded in and are all movable as needed. I'm waiting to get the other quarter on to the same point, then the lid goes on to align everything and for final weld up.

Right now, the panel meets up with all the other parts such as the piece between the rear window and trunk lid and trunk floor, etc. This is where the quarter has to go in these areas with/without the lid in place.

Have faith, I *think* I know what I'm doing. :D

bobs409

Administrator
Lookin good Bob Just make sure that your quarter panel with that gap is in the the correct position. The bumper might help in the assesment. Just see if it fits around the quarters with the right gaps. On another note off subject I sent you somthing via paypal and was just wondering if you got it. Thanks, Ken

When did you send it Ken? I see nothing lately showing up on my transactions. :?

gearhead409

Well Known Member
Bob, i can sleep now! your plan is a good one. i better get back to work, i'am putting a rear tailpan in a 55 chevy today.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Nice work, Bob.:clap What is the horizontal piece, with the hole. It goes under the bumper, rubber. Is it part of the tailpan?:dunno

bobs409

Administrator
Skip, that's part of the trunk floor and it does go under the top of the bumper. There is a hole on each side but I don't think they should be there. I guess it was used to make the panel, maybe they hung it up to primer it. ?? I have to check if the rubber seal will cover those holes. If not, I'll weld them closed.

Bob

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When did you send it Ken? I see nothing lately showing up on my transactions.
On the 21st Bob I'll try again:scratch

bobs409

Administrator
Thanks Ken, got it this time. I checked back and see nothing on the 21st so I guess it never made it.

Bob

bobs409

Administrator
Skip,

Hubbards calls this piece a trunk floor:

6364TFOP.jpg

This is how I bought mine as it was a better deal (from another vendor). You could get it with the center installed and the drop offs already on for a much higher price.