Seat belt mounting. 1963 ss

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Where do the seat belt's mount . I have a two rubber plug's on both side's of the tunnel behind the front bucket seat I guess this is where the latch belt bolt's to, after removing plug's but where does the other belt bolt to?????? Possibly the bolt's on bucket seat floot bracket????? Also the rear if i put belt's in the back also.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Don...should be 2 tapped holes with nut plates under the floor pan behind each seat. They came from the factory with rubber plugs in them to keep the water out if you did not order seat belts. If you replaced the floor pans...you will have to put these back in.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
photo (12).JPG photo (13).JPG I still have original floor's did a little corner repair only, and replaced front brace and some short one's The rubber plug's} i pulled one out }are still there on the tunnel and there is a nut plate on floor brace under neath where i have tape on right door side. I must have welded these shut on top of the floor 3 or 4 year's ago not thinking about seat belt mount's . So this is probably the outer belt mount location, El correcto?????? I would just have to drill back out. as nut is still has thread's for like a seat belt sized bolt.

Last edited: