September 17, 2005

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
This is to DQ, and some of the others at the convention. Mainly to DQ. September 17, 2005, I challenge you to a match race at Kansas City, or Thunder Valley. Rather do a 1/4 mile, but 1/8th is ok. I figure the whole quarter I can open some car lengths. 1/8th mile might not be bad enough. Can you make it??????????
If Phil will do another convention, it would make it a little, well, a lot better. Allen, I might ought to not say this to you. Think I will not challenge the Blue Screamer, or the Wully Bully cars. Might get over my head there. But, you are welcome. We need to get some sponsers to put up some cash for top 409 eliminator. And some contingincy awards. Phil, help on this?????????????? Lets get a race going' maybe with a convention on the side. Don't want to work Phil too hard, again. He's getting old, you know.
Who can help get this started?

Fred

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Damn Fred!

You just took me right out of the picture *#@|!, I ran a pitiful 13.8 @ 98 mph, How about you and I having a test and tune in 05 late spring, I'll have the slicks on and run through the headers, I may not beat you but you'll know I was there ! Grrrrrrr!, I'm ready. :mad: Someone send me a pair of 583s

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'd like to see you guy's run it off :D How about you race at Norwalk at Super Chevy :D I've heard very good things about Norwalk my friend at work races there once a year and he says thats a great dragstrip ( even though he races a F!!D ) :eek:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Norwalk.

I've ran at Norwalk while attending the Super Chevy show. It's a great strip, a little pricey tho. :)

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
race

Don't know if I want to tangle with that 60 Chev. Maybe if we use a flagman!!!!! :brow

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Pricey?????????????Can't be too bad. Last time I paid to race it was $5.00 for the first class, and another $3.00 for the second class. Usually ran SS/S and B/MP. Has it gone up??????????? :dunno

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Fat,do they have any Nostalgia drag races at Norwalk?I'd drive 5 hours to see you guys race and I'll bet you could get other members to attend :D

We could have a mini convention :dunno

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
Racing at Norwalk

If you guy's get a race date at Norwalk, we will come!! It may have to be later in the year, though, as the rebuild will take some time. We can salvage one head and the intake from the disaster, pretty much everything else is junk. Still in need of a good head!
Steven

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Fred,,,, How about coming my way ? (west) heeee heeee

I would prefer to race where our cars are not lost in the hundreds of other racers and only get a few passes.
,,,,dq

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Fred..................

geezzzzzzzz Fred...............

just keep your pants on!!!!!!!!! :brow :brow

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
go west?????????

Gee Whiz, DQ, I came west this time. 630 miles of west. How many do you want? Took all day, too. Really made me tired.

Phil, once again, THANKS for all your efforts. I really mean that. I don't think very many people could have pulled off the convention that you did. What a hoot. Didn't last long enough, but how long would have been. Can't say enough about the convention, or you.

Fred