shaark92 - Passion Polly

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
@W Head ....

caught sight of your '59 yesterday in Meridian. Parading! Nice. Lotta great folks out yesterday for BBQ and car show. What a great combo! Perhaps I mis-read the info, but seemed to be an either/or on the parade or car show. Did you get your '59 entered? I missed seeing it in the exhibition section if ya did. We had our '71 Vette entered ... between a two door Continental and a 2017 Camaro. Was quite the mix of cars/trucks at that show!

I was not in Meridian for the show, has 2 birthdays and a ball game to attend in Cedar Park

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Shaark92

Well Known Member
Mistaken ID I reckon.

does yours have the continental spare tire? This one did and I thought I must have missed it at the Hamilton show.
Lol.

Shaark92

Well Known Member
resurrected thread. I've been gone a little while. Hope y'all have done OK with this ... mess.

Polly's restoration continues, albeit delayed on account of ... that which will not be mentioned here, we all know.

Also, I've punted "mass social media" so the link in the OP no longer exists. built another one, will add-to it in the weeks ahead, but a "cut to the chase" current set.

Thanks for the interest and encouragement. 2 plus years now, even with professional help. Mercy. This isn't for the weak at heart.

Hope we can again start meeting soon. I've had my fill of that which will not be mentioned.

New Album

Al

Shaark92

Well Known Member
IMG_1927.jpeg

IMG_1928.jpeg

I don't know what to call these things. It is located next to the back seat of a 4 door sedan, between the back door and the wheel well tub.

Apparently we've lost the right side unit. This is the left side. The upholstery shop needs the metal cap from which to fabricate a new piece of this panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shaark92

Well Known Member
In the business section ... I have a post about an interior shop.

We changed interior shops. The day after we delivered the car to the current shop, they started work. Building door panels. From the first shop, trying to jump-start Polly, they connected 3 chargers! two of 'em were apparently in series as when I turned the key, the EFI started SCREAMING ... indicating the 25 volts! I immediately switched off.

But the damage to the alternator was did.

So my resto shop bought me another alternator ... now I have a shiny one! IDK if I really WANT that, but it's all that was in stock at Summit for that model/capacity. M said he'd order another if I wanted. We'll see. I DO have a chrome air cleaner top.IMG_1936.jpeg