Sharp Rockers here

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The reasonable price of Harland Sharp rockers actually scares some people away from them but I've had them on several BBC's with thousands of VERY hard miles and they proved to be bulletproof. I'm a fan.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks again Models. I have always had good luck with Harland Sharp Rockers. I will own a set of these soon for a spare motor project that's on the back burner for now. I've got to find a new motor man. :(

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Rockers like that make me wonder how difficult a transparent plastic valve cover would be to make.
While I'm sure it wouldn't be hard, with oil sticking to the interior surface, it would defeat the purpose of having them though.

Hooley

Thanks for posting the pictures of the Harland Sharp shaft rockers. Mike Becker worked with me to build a set of shaft rockers for a 348 drag motor that got way out of hand but has been fun. The engine is 369 ci with 409 heads, ross pistons from SHOW Cars, 3.250 stroke, 6.385 rods and a Howards roller cam. Alkydigger fixed me up with a Hilborn Injection. Pete Giroux makes a front cover to mount the fuel pump. Some time soon it will be completed and tested on a Dyno and I will be reporting the results when it happens. Hooley I must add that the Ross pistons were not right and neither Ross or the seller would help. DIAMOND PISTONS WORK GREAT. Dyno ed it at 520 HP . I am working on the rest of the car to race it in the 2020 season. GASSERS FOR EVER

Attachments

• 100_3995.JPG
    100_3995.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_4254 (1).JPG
    100_4254 (1).JPG
    96 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_4259.JPG
    100_4259.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
I have HS rockers on almost all my Pontiac motors other than the 500" with the Crower SS shaft system. American made and they can rebuild them also.

Bad a$$ motor! Love "stacks"!

Hooley

It has been a long time since I started this 348 engine project. We ran into major problems with the Ross pistons hitting the valves big time. We tried milling the piston tops but ran out of aluminum. So a new set of Diamond pistons. With the help from Dan Topliff Engines in Manhatten ,KS it is done and made 519 HP. It is going into a 1950 Ford Gasser. I hope it will be ready next spring.

Attachments

• 100_4226.JPG
    100_4226.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_4218.JPG
    100_4218.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 40

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Thanks for posting the pictures of the Harland Sharp shaft rockers. Mike Becker worked with me to build a set of shaft rockers for a 348 drag motor that got way out of hand but has been fun. The engine is 369 ci with 409 heads, ross pistons from SHOW Cars, 3.250 stroke, 6.385 rods and a Howards roller cam. Alkydigger fixed me up with a Hilborn Injection. Pete Giroux makes a front cover to mount the fuel pump. Some time soon it will be completed and tested on a Dyno and I will be reporting the results when it happens. Hooley
Can you bore out a 348 to 369 must be thin:scratch

427John

Well Known Member
Mopar buddy just added a Hilborn stack system modified for EFO in his 500" 383 Charger. Pretty cool deal.
Heard about those for years now but never knew anyone that did 1,are they everything you would expect?Seems like it would work as well as mechanical at full spur while giving fairly good street manners.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
I meant EFI not EFO -fat fingers.

Heard it last night idle at 850 rpm WITH the A/C on and a moderate sized HR cam! His down side is the Holley system he got with it only has one wide band sensor so it is averaging the AFR whereas every cylinder has a slightly different fuel need. He used one of those flow meters to equalize idle flow like you use for multi Rochesters.