Sharp Shooter

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I could probably hit the quarter at 300 yards with my rifle if it held still. I'm lucky to get 20 of 25 at the trap shoot. That being said, I haven't shot anywhere near as much trap. I've shot plenty of ducks, geese, pheasants, and have had many doubles on quail.
Best I've ever done was with an M14 in basic training, knocked down man targets at 300 yards. Open site of course. I've shot squirrels at close to 100 yards and have been known to shoot the tail off a few, on purpose ya know. Been shooting since I was eight years old. Still pretty damn good.

El Rat

Well Known Member
I’m average but my buddy is nationally ranked open sight 600 yards and some such. I can still shoot a 3 inch group at 200 yards with a 7 mag and a 3 x 9. Not worth a shit if you are a real shooter.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Best I've ever done was with an M14 in basic training, knocked down man targets at 300 yards. Open site of course. I've shot squirrels at close to 100 yards and have been known to shoot the tail off a few, on purpose ya know. Been shooting since I was eight years old. Still pretty damn good.
I bet the evolution of firearms from your new blunderbuss to present is amazing to hear.