shipping a dash from NJ to CA? with friends help

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi All,

I have been in touch with Verne Frantz and he has the RHD conversion dash from the Dan Gurney car in his possession. We have agreed on a price which i think is fair.
The issue is the $1200 USD to get the dash to New Zealand:scared2

I would like to know through the network of nice guys on this forum if there was any way of getting the dash from New Jersey to Los Angeles through the network of racers and race cars in trailers over say a year?
Im not in a hurry for the dash and i think the trip in the back of race trailers would add to the story of the dash

So if anyone on here from NY or NJ was traveling west for a race meet and could pass it onto another racer from further west that would be awesome

If you think i am trying to get something for nothing then that is ok
I can shout a beer or two when we next catch up or i can give the Beer to Gav and Wendy and they can shout in july.

Any thoughts are welcome

Once it got to the west coast i would get it put into the next car that i know of coming to NZ

Let me know your thoughts

Steve

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
James is spot on, I am in both St. Louis and Kansas City with some frequency. And James, Tooth and I are all midway between the two metro areas :).

Also, I have plans to be in the Cleveland area later in March. Can bring the dash back to the Midwest for someone to take it the rest of the way.

Let's make this fun for Steve, maybe even create a story or two?

TomK

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hi All,

I have been in touch with Verne Frantz and he has the RHD conversion dash from the Dan Gurney car in his possession. We have agreed on a price which i think is fair.
The issue is the $1200 USD to get the dash to New Zealand:scared2

I would like to know through the network of nice guys on this forum if there was any way of getting the dash from New Jersey to Los Angeles through the network of racers and race cars in trailers over say a year?
Im not in a hurry for the dash and i think the trip in the back of race trailers would add to the story of the dash

So if anyone on here from NY or NJ was traveling west for a race meet and could pass it onto another racer from further west that would be awesome

If you think i am trying to get something for nothing then that is ok
I can shout a beer or two when we next catch up or i can give the Beer to Gav and Wendy and they can shout in july.

Any thoughts are welcome

Once it got to the west coast i would get it put into the next car that i know of coming to NZ

Let me know your thoughts

Steve
Steve.. too bad you couldn’t have started putting this together last summer.. lol.. I was at Vernes house in July.. If something comes up where I decide to head to the east coast or someone over that way is headed toward me, I will be happy to meet up and keep it here in Ohio until the races here this summer. Then I could hand it off to someone heading west..
Let me know if I can help make this happen
Rick

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi All,

OK so looks like we could start a bit of a Dash road trip.
Now i just have to get it one the first bit of the journey. As we found in 2014 when we were there for the convention you guys live in a really big place. I would love to get this to work I guess I need to get a map sorted so I can find out where the gaps in the chain are.
Thanks guys
Steve

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Is the cost in shipping the size of the box? Of course the weight could be reduced by stripping everything out.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm still working on my travel to the States in Jul / Aug and the trip to Ohio. :winner
Some things have changed and over all travel time has been clawed back. But if someone could confirm if this could be considered as "luggage" on a flight from Ohio to Sacramento then i could see if i could take back to CA with me. :dunno

Gav