Shock's Recommended

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I have wondered if anybody has a preference oN shock absorber's for front and rear . I have Monroe Matic shock's . they are light duty if i remember correctly on my 63 front and rear . I think it could use some improvement. When i cross railroad track ,car want's to veer after crossing. I do know it has bump steer, which i will get that global west kit ,but just debating shock's might be a problem too .

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have cheap sensatracs on my car ini the front and they work well. I have KYB gas in the rear

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Pulled off front"s and I think they could be a lot better . Only 20miles on them and oreilly"s will credit the difference to go to best Kyb . If a drastic difference I will swap rear"s too.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
KYB silver in the back and cheap Gabriel on the front. I had KYB up front and the ride was harsh.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You do not need front shocks. A story from my past. A crazy friend of mine showed up at the Dairy Queen one night with his new ride. '55 Ford sedan, 6 cyl, 3 sp trans. This would have been 1962 or 3. He quickly proclaimed, " my car will do wheelies". We laughed out butts off and made fun of his statement, using language only teenagers could use. We called him every name in the book. After the laughter died down he said, "my car will do wheelies". Okay, show us!! Three of four of us got in his car and he started idling across the parking lot. He floored the gas pedal and let off, floored the gas pedal and let off. Each time the front end would bounce higher until finally, both front wheels left the ground. That was probably the hardest I have ever laughed. I will never forget that night. Afterwards, he told us that his older brother had taken the front shocks off the car as soon as he had arrived home from buying the old junker. Bottom line? The joke was on us,,,,, that old Ford did , in fact, do a wheelie.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I have the White KYB's, on front and rear. My car rides and handles pretty well.:clap:clap:clapI should also mention, that there are Moog 658A Front coils and Moog 6041 Rear coils, on the car. Has a nice stance. Higher, in the rear.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I have the White KYB's, on front and rear. My car rides and handles pretty well.:clap:clap:clapI should also mention, that there are Moog 658A Front coils and Moog 6041 Rear coils, on the car. Has a nice stance. Higher, in the rear.
That's what i'm getting white KYB gas adjust.