Shop around

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. Hope this fits in this category. I know I have mentioned it before, at least I think I did, but you really have to shop around when looking for parts. Personally, I like to buy from a known, reputable vendor, but sometimes they are out of stock. So, it kind of forces me to look elsewhere. For example, I needed a part for one of my other cars which cost $99.00 plus $20.00 shipping, but it was out of stock. I went on line and found the identical part for $60.00-Buy it Now-with no cost shipping. Are you kidding?? That is half of what the other cost is. Now, is it as good as the more expensive one?? Don't know and probably never will because I don't have it to compare to. They both look the same. I happen to think that not many people are making this part, therefore they pretty much all buy from the same one. Not really a big calling for it. So, that's my experience. You have to shop around, Carmine.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
One easy way to shop around is to do a web/google search with the manufacturer's name and part number. A lot of times Amazon will have several resellers with the same item with a variety of prices.
The results I stay away from are the top one to three links if they say "ad" or "sponsor" next to them. The last thing I want to support is some lousy redirect (and possibly spam) service which takes me to Summit anyway.

Kaycee

Well Known Member
I did just this for my seat covers /carpet wanted to get them from 1 out fit to save some $$ got my seat covers from Ciadella . They were very comparable to my other choice Classic Ind. got my carpet last week dropped ship from ACC ,got my covers yesterday from Ciadella also got the bucket seat foam it came from PUI. All items look great at this point . Still saved on shipping and piecing it all out from various vendors.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You made a good choice using Ciadella. I bought 2 complete interiors from them for my '56 and '57 Chevys. Very happy with their quality. Never had an issue so I don't know how customer service works. Never needed them but heard they were good with that also. I was going to order a white interior from them for my '62 which presently is fawn, but my wife vetoed that idea real quick like, but I get to keep the car LOL, Carmine.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
There isn't a better person in the industry then Gina Ciadella. She will make them original, custom and will even make them stock with fabric from other years too. She will always pick up the phone and talk to you. The best customer service is the one you never need because the quality was there from the start but its still nice to know they will stand behind the product if there is an issue. Personally I prefer to give my money to a small family owned business whenever possible. Very humble and you can see plenty of their work over on facebook.

Kaycee

Well Known Member
She said they are getting ready to do a 62 SS and she would take pics of the install of buckets. I was hinting of doing a video

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Yeah you got that right, everyone wants you to buy there part but when you need some assistance they tuck there tail and run .